Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Today, I had to go on a thing called a BUS :-( …… ;-)
  • jamiea
    Free Member

I do have to ask though, how much has it cut traffic to Cambridge from that part of the area?

The busses do seem packed in the mornings, not just with college students, so it must be making some impact. I know of a few people who use it who work at Addenbrooke’s.

Still, the government will solve the A14 with the new toll road. That won’t impact other local roads at all 🙄

Cheers,
    Jamie

toby1

The A14 as a road is fine, the problem with it is the quality of driving on it, 2 meters seems to be the maximum a lot of the users like to have as a breaking distance.

As for the traffic in the area, most employment is based in the centre/science park, so all the people from the smaller places around need to head there during the day, it’s not a city designed for cars so it’s never really going to be easy, still at least it’s not one of the quickest growing cities in the country … oh.

Finish work at 6pm then try and get a bus home, that one bus an hour, and why is it not successful again?

Bunnyhop

Atm I can’t drive so taking the bus.
    On the few journeys so far, the drivers are mostly o.k, however last week was a horrible grumpy little man. A lady cyclist came out of a quiet side road in front of the bus, driver pulls the front of the bus in (luckily she wasn’t going at anything but walking speed) gets off and gives her a mouthful. She was very shaken up and couldn’t stop apologising. Later he starts swearing at a van driver who had his door open, just an unpleasent journey in all. Oh and too many students 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Atm I can’t drive so taking the bus.

Don’t you work from home?

hot_fiat

Or ride a bike?

yep, bike is quicker, a tad difficult carrying it on a motorbike though. Have seen it done mind you, so not so out there:

project
    Free Member

God you lot are precious!

project – Member

you can be arrested fro taking pictures of buses internaly and externally, anti terrorism laws it appears.

Oh and this is total rubbish. Its a public place, so as long as you aren’t using the pictures for personal profit its fine.

Yep right then. perhaps tell the police, and all the train enthusiasts who have been thrown off stations and had their camera equipment checked as part of anti terrorism worries.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/apr/16/police-delete-tourist-photos

Gunz
    Free Member

I love sitting on the top deck, right at the front on the left hand side making it feel like the bus is going to hit lamposts and parked cars and then just misses. Just introduced my kids to this and they loved it.

willard

toby1 – Member
    The A14 as a road is fine, the problem with it is the quality of driving on it, 2 meters seems to be the maximum a lot of the users like to have as a breaking distance.

It is not that. The A14 is the _only_ road that goes from the UK’s biggest container port to anywhere in the midlands or the north. I’ve been saying for years that it needs to be three lanes, or they need to shift the container traffic onto rails, but the only solution seems to have been the toll idea cutting across nice farmland from Cambridge to Brampton.

Hell, I remember commuting every day from Woodbridge to the other side of Cambridge for 18 months and not once did I have a clear, traffic free drive in. I could guarantee that the A14 would be screwed with people waiting to go to the science park, with the queues going back to before the A1303 slip off on a regular basis. Coming back was better, but only because I could leave a bit layer and miss the FUBAR that the A428/M11/A14 is on a daily basis for anyone heading east in the morning and at kicking out time.

project
    Free Member

Sit at the back of the double decker bus and shout

LOW BRIDGE,DUCK,

is quite funny as well.

or when you get off a badly driven double decker, tell the driver you think someone has collapsed upstairs due to his heavy braking/ swerving and watch the colour drain from his face.

Bunnyhop

Don’t you work from home?

Yes, it’s all of 17 steps up the stairs to get to the workroom.
    However have to do horrible things such as visiting the hospital. Not even the fun of a double decker as it’s difficult to negotiate the twisty turny lanes.

Lol @ project.

johnners
    Free Member

Yep right then. perhaps tell the police, and all the train enthusiasts who have been thrown off stations and had their camera equipment checked as part of anti terrorism worries.

Officious and ill-informed police officers exceeding their authority doesn’t make it law.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Today, I had to go on a thing called a BUS :-( …… ;-)’ is closed to new replies.