Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Today I found.. [Would you give this a go content]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

..the most bonkers set of stairs I’ve seen. Was only out to check the bike was working ok, so didn’t fancy giving them a go with all the protection of a woolly hat. Really steep.

The run in (about 60m, and slippery).

The start

The rest

From the bottom

A bike

That lovely lamp post placed right in the middle gives you about a 50cm gap on the right side, and the smooth section on the left felt like ice today.

Not actually sure it they’re do-able, but still want to give them a go.

racefaceec90

NO! 😯

DickBarton

Look like a set of stairs near the top of Stirling…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    d45yth
    Free Member

Of course it’s do’able…anybody can do it, you can do it!!!
    If you don’t post tomorrow we know you’re in hospital. 😛

Are those tyres of yours in the black chilli? If not, they’re the worst tyre I’ve used on wet rock/stone!

nuke

I reckon it looks alright on the basis you got the flat sections after each bit of step…the flat sections at least give you a fighting chance to regain some form of control before the next steps 😉

Bregante

Please ask a relative to post some headcam footage post headcam footage of your no doubt successful attempt. Cant wait.

iDave
    Free Member

Looks fine, steps are just down-pointing bumps

Teetosugars
    Free Member

By the look of the dropped saddle, you gave it a go?

And no slammed stem?? 😉

ph0010421
    Free Member

Do you mean going up or down?

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Apart from negotiatng past the lamp post at the bottom with wide bars it looks not too bad.

Oh and Rule 45/48 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

They look easy enough.

If I was stood at the top of them looking down it would probably be a different matter though.

RealMan
    Free Member

By the look of the dropped saddle, you gave it a go?

And no slammed stem??

Nah, I’m just really short. And that only applies to road, cx, and xc race bikes, duh 😉

I had to play around with the spacers to get that new stem to work, if you look closely you can actually see I’m running some carbon and some aluminium spacers, the shame of it. Was kinda hoping no one would notice.

And rule 48 is surely pretty specific to road bikes, and besides, it’s on a slope, it’s actually fairly flat.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

yep, done this one

RealMan
    Free Member

Ooooo.. Depending on how narrow those are, they look fun. A lot simpler to get right too, you just have to keep pointing down, and not go into the rail.

Seggons
    Free Member

I’d give them a go!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d do that. Not fast, but feet up and controlled. That counts in my book.

donsimon
    Free Member

An absolute doddle to do and I did them last week sat on the saddle, balls of steel, see? Just get on with it and don’t think about it, look a couple of metres ahead and keep the body nice and relaxed.
    Where are they again?

Bez

The first set… is that Exeter?

RealMan
    Free Member

Where are they again?

Getting a bit forgetful in your old age aren’t you.. 😀

They’re in Exeter, on St Davids hill. Think the trickiest part is definitely getting round the lamp post in the middle. If you go over to the left you’re almost definitely going to wash out, and it will be very hard to control your speed up to that point, and coming out as well.

EDIT:

The first set… is that Exeter?

Too slow, yes. You ridden them..?

fatboyjon

They’d be easier with snow on. And ice. Lots of snow and ice.

With the headcam as already mentioned obviously.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Ooh.. That’s Jacob’s Ladder! I always wanted to release a box of bouncy balls at the top of them..
    I’ve done them on crutches with 3 big bags of shopping!

Bez

Ah! Thought I recognised them 🙂

Trying to recall whether I’ve ridden them or not. Think I have but not certain. Pretty sure they’re doable in the dry; I guess wet-and-cold might be sketchy.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

god i wouldn’t do them in the wet, you would die.. you need a mate at the bottom coz if some fool starts walking up youre ****. There in Falmouth for any one that dosent know.

donsimon
    Free Member

They’re in Exeter, on St Davids hill.

That’s it. What do you mean forgetful? The lampost in the middle wasn’t too much of a problem because I’ve got narrow bars. Did I ever tell you that my school was St David’s in Wrecsam, a great school where we got up to some crazy things like the time we……………. …………..Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Got some steps near me in Maidstone, Kent. They are only short but super steep and short-stepped. Done them once and bounced on the front wheel when I got to the bottom and only regained balance by spinning the bike round to face the other way :S

cynic-al
    Free Member

don’t see the problem myself, Jacobs Ladder in Edinburgh is much worse.

hugor
    Free Member

Easy peezy.
    The hand rail in the middle would make me think twice though.
    (sarcasm)

mikey74
    Free Member

The stairs in the OP look fine, fairly straightforward actually.

donsimon
    Free Member

Big set of steep steps in Harlech iirc.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Today I found.. [Would you give this a go content]’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts