• This topic has 45 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Today i found this whilst riding..
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Quite interesting although no return instructions on it so I don’t know where it’s from unfortunately.

jam-bo

It’s a radiosonde. They’ll already have the data off it so it’ll be junk.

If you contact vaisala I think they might have to arrange for disposal under WEEE regs.

carbon337
    Free Member

Well it was more interesting then the plastic snake I found literally in the middle of knowhere when looking for new lines through the trees at the woods. Strange.

jam-bo

I found a nice set of carbon kayak paddles. Bit awkward riding home with them.

Stoner
    Free Member

I found a massive mug with I heart Coffee on it.

I kept it, but dont like it. Its so big the coffee goes cold too quickly.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Might have a half decent GPS chipset in it, if you ave any electronic skills/knowledge might be able to get some use out of it?

carbon337
    Free Member

you can have it winston if you want.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

but what does it do??

johnners
    Free Member

It’s probably off a weather balloon.

Goodgey
    Free Member

its probably from a weather machine, my brother used to work for them and Ive sent him the link.

Goodgey
    Free Member

Yep brother confirms its a base of weather balloon.

It has no value.

rOcKeTdOg

i found this today, half a mile from the nearest road with some rope tied around it

wheel WTF by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

tang
    Free Member

my mate who did a northpole unassisted walk used to run along the cycletrack for 8 miles a day as a commute dragging one one of those.

z1ppy

I found a packed up tent, but it turned out to be a childs non-waterproof single skin thing – guy at work appreciated it. Also found a tatty skateboard, again went to friends kid. Luckily both were near to the end of the rides I was on.

alexxx
    Free Member

I find it funnier that you stopped for a picture of it rocketdog 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Carbon, but the Mrs has a veto on anymore sh!te in the garage.

Goodgey – Does it have a GPS in it?

nonk
    Free Member

i found jessie from toy story. she was just laying in the road pretending to be a toy.

sharki
    Free Member

Today i found dusty trails.

Not sure what they are used for so i left them there.

Stoner
    Free Member

rocketdog – that looks like a roaming tether for a goat.

Did you see a goat?

rOcKeTdOg

alexxx – Member
    I find it funnier that you stopped for a picture of it rocketdog

it’s the curse of the third year of a One Photo a Day project i’m afraid, never without a camera http://www.flickr.com/groups/onephotoeveryday/

tazzymtb

nice wheel, but what is that hideous mass of tubes next to it? some sort of fly tipped tower scaffold? 😉

TimP
    Free Member

I found some real hedgerow pron, and a sheep carcass picked clean. No pics of either

godzilla
    Free Member

hedgerow pron

Old school :mrgreen:

muggomagic

I once found an unopened big bag of tangfastics. It doesn’t get any better than that.

allthepies
    Free Member

A couple of weeks a go I found two packs of Birds Dream Topping (unopened) by the side of a country lane.

They’re now mine, mwhahaahaha.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

On Thursday I found some non muddy trails – and also my love for mtb’ing again!

Ambrose

jam bo- where did you find the blades? a mate lost his a month ago on the Tawe. Maybe he could make you an offer?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Found a largeish bag of grass while skiing a few weeks back. Not my thing, but stuck it in my pocket as, living in a ski resort, there’s no shortage of people who would appreciate it!

Walking back down through the resort and I’m thinking “OK, so the chances of a random stop-and-search are pretty small, but what would I say? ‘I found it’?” 😆

handyman
    Free Member

Found and taken home, 1 8×4 sheet of ply, sheeps skull, hedge loppers, a full wallet cards and all (took to police station guy left it on the roof of car and drove off)

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i once found a 6ft python skin in my local woods

Dibbs
    Free Member

I want to know where sharki found the dry trails!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Carbon,

I will have that off you if you don’t want it. May have GPS chipset depending on model.

spacemonkey

I had a habit last year of finding shoes, one of which was the kind of horrible “bling’d-up” gem-studded sabago that only Michael Winner would be seen wearing whilst presenting an award at the Oscars.

spacemonkey

i once found a 6ft python skin in my local woods

I remember coming across two carcasses of (to me) totally unknown beasts while on an evening run about 5 years ago. Right next to each other, but no idea what they were.

McHamish
    Free Member

rocketdog – that looks like a roaming tether for a goat.

Did you see a goat?

I expect it was tied to a fighting dog who was forced to drag it a few miles.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bet there’s some great stuff in that for hacking! Good find!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Two minutes ride into the woods (we’re talking State Forest in Australia here) and a bed head and old fecked TV. WTF? There was a perfectly good fly tip point at the trail head too as it turned out.

More fun was in the middle of nowhere (TM) finding an old holden car. There must’ve been a more substantial trail at some point in the past, resulting in the car wreck making sense – since then a complete set of bushland has grown up around it. Was very strange to see it there.

Also odd, again middle of nowhere, but at least on a power line access road, an old engine block, minus any parts, just the block. I’m assuming it was dumped in the back of a truck to give traction.

Many a single shoe of course. Never understood that.

user-removed
    Free Member

Nevr mind goats’ tethering points – me and my mate found a goat’s head by the cenotaph near Banchory-Devenick just outside Aberdeen.

My mate’s aunty lived nearby in the woods and whilst we sat and eat drop-scones, cooked on her hot griddle (no jokes please) she told us about the local witches’ coven 😯

Loads of it still going on – chanting and nakedness and all sorts. Might have to go back with the camera…

ex-pat
    Free Member

Remember to take your wizard’s outfit, staff & sleeve…

Xylene
    Free Member

Many a single shoe of course. Never understood that.

I can answer that one.

Mrs Q would get into her car and for some unknown reason slip one shoe off before getting in sometimes. Because she always drove bare foot (I know, but that is another thread) she slipped the other shoe off inside the car.

She would then drive off forgetting her right shoe was there. NOt alway, just sometimes. I didnt know about this until I was cleaning the car out and found half a dozen left shoes, she explaiend to me what had happened.

I then one day witnessed it when we had moved back here in Tesco car park.

Part way home she realised her shoe was missing. SO I drove back and there it was in the parking space waiting for her.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Today i found this whilst riding..’ is closed to new replies.