Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Toblerone – is nothing sacred!
  • the-muffin-man

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37904703

What’s wrong with paying a bit more, it’s not a snack sort of chocolate bar.

withersea
    Free Member

It’s wrong, just plain wrong. Sack the product development team and the accountants that asked for the financial saving.

grim168
    Free Member

We get ours from the local pound shop. I’ll just buy 2

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Waits for inevitable attempt from the usual suspect to tie this in to Brexit*

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’d expect nothing less from the evil vampire squid that is Mondelez.

And as for their tax affairs…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

while the size of the packaging has remained the same.

Intent to deceive? Will spin as – ‘Customers will be happy to know that our distinctive packaging remains as classically sumptuous as ever, as is the flavour of Toblerone’.

thepurist

I blame Trump. His tiny hands needed extra leverage to snap off a triangle, but now it’s a great chocolate bar that will be a huge success, making chocolate great again.

Drac

Sadly the article killed that.

I blame EU regulations.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well CFH, the company did say it’s for UK customers only therefore wholly linked to Brexit.

If you don’t like the constant references to Brexit you shouldn’t have voted for it.

HTHs.

Drac

Well CFH, the company did say it’s for UK customers only therefore wholly linked to Brexit.

Did they?

A spokeswoman for Mondelez acknowledged that the foreign exchange rate was currently “not favourable”, but added: “This change wasn’t done as a result of Brexit.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the company did say it’s for UK customers only therefore wholly linked to Brexit.

Did they?

you shouldn’t have voted for it.

Did I?

*edit- 🙂 @Drac

legend
    Free Member

Are you really getting butt hurt on a thread about tasty chocolatey treats?

T1000
    Free Member

Just the tailend of a trend started when Terrys Chocolate Orange was changed to make the oily Satsuma available now

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@legend, no. Just extracting the urine. 🙂

Drac

*edit- @Drac

DezB
    Free Member

Toblerone? When was the last time anyone actually bought Toblerone?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dez, visit any airport in the world. Marvel at the hordes of people buying Toblerone as a gift for people they don’t really are about. A bit like After Eights in some ways.

Drac

Christmas.

duckman

Drac – Moderator

Christmas.

Posted 22 seconds ago #

Farmfoods, 4/11/16 at approx. 5.30pm.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Yesterday Dez – the black one

(side note – we actually managed to bring the largest one they do back. From germany. On a bike tour. Sportsbikes. Almost 4ft long, 10lb in weight. Taff’s wife was made up. Customs at Calais/Dover were gobsmacked at the thing)

Drac

Nah! Christmas is definitely 25th December even at shite food outlets.

boobs
    Free Member

I only buy them to make houses for my snakes.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Tobler½

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Don’t Google tobleroning

thegreatape
    Free Member

Toblerone? When was the last time anyone actually bought Toblerone

Most Decembers when my wife forgets our wedding anniversary, feels guilty, and buys me a **** toblerone on her way home from work. And then this is close enough to Christmas that she thinks she’ll get one for my Christmas stocking. I am doing an experiment to see how many instances of buying me a toblerone that I never eat it will take before she stops buying them. We’re up to about 15 so far. Yes yes, I know, I could mention that I don’t like them, but that seems a bit ungrateful.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s to keep it out of prisons innit?
    That looks even more awkward and painful to stick up your arse* than the old one!
    Where will this madness end?

*Stop what you’re doing and imagine the sound that would make.
    The old one would be like a giant zip tie. BRRRRRRRRRRR.
    The new one would be like a tiny,two stroke outboard engine. Put-put-put-put-put.
    Enjoy the rest of your day with that image in your head.
    You’re welcome 😈

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, I think you’ll find that the company “wouldn’t confirm if this was for U.K customers only” or a Europe wide initiative.
    That’s on the BBC News, take a look.

But still, goes to show that the cost of everything is going up or products slashed as a consequence of Brexit, better it’s out in the open rather than sticking your fingers in your ears pretending it’s not happening whilst crying to Daddy to make the intellectuals stop pointing out salient facts and consequences eh.

Blah, di blah.

Coyote
    Free Member

Don’t Google tobleroning

😯

Drac

Ok, I think you’ll find that the company “wouldn’t confirm if this was for U.K customers only” or a Europe wide initiative.
    That’s on the BBC News, take a look.

Right next to the part that says it has nothing to do with Brexit?

IHN

The former MrsIHN worked (indeed still works, I think) for Kraft Foods, who later, in a company renaming approach that would even make contestants on the Apprentice weep, became Mondelez (it’s, apparently a clever concatenation of monde, i.e. world, and delicious. Jesus wept).

Anyhoo, she worked a lot with the chocolate factory in Bern in Switzerland that made Toblerone (she actually helped to switch all the production to a much cheaper factory in Poland, the same one they moved all the making of Terry’s Chocolate Oranges to from York). Consequently, she could get her hands on a lot of free Toblerone, the best possibly being when my then work asked for some donations for the Christmas prize draw, and she presented a box, 3ft cubed, of Toblerone minis 🙂

She could also supply the massive novelty bars, the ones that there is only one way to eat; a hammer and chisel.

DezB
    Free Member

Christmas. etc.

See this is it – if the had kept quiet, it’s such a big gap between seeing one Toblerone and your next, no-one would have noticed!
    (except maybe those who indulge in regular Tobleroning)(not that I have any idea what that is)(but I can guess)

duckman

Drac – Moderator

Nah! Christmas is definitely 25th December even at shite food outlets.

Posted 35 minutes ago # Report-Post

You can go and raffle yourself…
    Huge toblerone for a pound= not shite food outlet. I mean they sell other stuff, but I don’t touch that and try not to let the other customers brush up against me.

wwaswas

Wait until they trigger Article 50…

atlaz
    Free Member

A spokeswoman for Mondelez acknowledged that the foreign exchange rate was currently “not favourable”, but added: “This change wasn’t done as a result of Brexit.”
    However, she was unable to clarify whether the change in shape affected only bars sold in the UK and not the rest of Europe.

So in the Eurozone no changes. In the UK the bars are smaller. It’s not Brexit, it’s just a small “**** you” to Brexit voters is what she means 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

See ^^ told ya’s.

No need to apologise.. 😛

And I so loved your Bro’s chest pump, innit.

teasel
    Free Member

Drac

Oh dear. Getting a little over exuberant, aren’t we. Especially considering you only quoted from an article. Or do you actually get off on trying to prove folk wrong.

Sad little man…

teasel
    Free Member

OT – At least the chances of ragging the top of your mouth are reduced now the gap is larger. That’s a plus, right.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I assume they are going to have to rename it ‘Toberl’

Northwind

Isn’t “less product in the same size box” pretty much exactly the opposite of what we should be doing with packaging?

GrahamS

Well according to the Today programme this morning (from 2:49:14) it IS very clearly to do with Brexit:

Sarah: “Dominic, that sounds like a Brexit story, are we blaming Brexit for the Toblerone change?”

Dominic: “It’s a bit or Marmite-gate, a bit of Brexit, and also a disastrous product launch..
    …Mondelez the giant American corporation that makes the bars says it is having to make savings because of the weaker pound…
    …Toblerone has said ‘Like many other companies we are experiencing higher costs for numerous ingredients… to ensure Toblerone remains ‘on shelf’, is affordable, and retains the triangular shape, we have had to reduce the weight of just two of our bars in the UK'”

Sarah: “And it is just in the UK is it? This really is a Brexit story”

Dominic: “Just in the UK”

Sarah: “Woah.. Brexit affects Toblerone. If we’d known that in advance…”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Toblerone – is nothing sacred!’ is closed to new replies.