Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Toblerone
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Have they changed the recipe recently? I’ve just cracked open a large prism and it tastes a little different to what I remember. I think the last one I had was last Christmas.

toppers3933
    Free Member

lat one i had wasnt that long ago and it was still the finest chocolate known to man.

RustyMac

Toppers + 1

Toblerone = Chocolate of Kings

OP, haven’t noticed a change in taste in the ones i got for Christmas.

mightymule
    Free Member

Oooh that’s just reminded me I have some truffles downstairs 😀

spacemonkey

and it tastes a little different to what I remember.

That’s what I said recently too. Methinks it’s got less chewy bits.

carlos
    Free Member

Gotta be the dark one ftw, if it was my choice.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmm may be the red wine making it taste odd then, but it just tastes sweeter that I remember.

mikey74
    Free Member

I like the dark one too, but this is the original flava, bought for me for Xmas.

toppers3933
    Free Member

hang on, bought for you for christmas? surely they’ve only just given it you? it is the 19th of january. how the hell did it last that long?

carlos
    Free Member

Milk one = too sweet
    White = too sickly
    Dark = drooool

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve had other choccies to get through first **saving the best to last**

mightymule
    Free Member

+1 for less chewy bits – and they were the best part 🙁

toppers3933
    Free Member

that sir is a good enough excuse.

carlos you need to get yourself checked out. there appears to be something wrong with you.

carlos
    Free Member

Go on then toppers, gis a clue?

bokonon
    Free Member

My 3 year old was looking at the packet whilst having a triangle of it and asked: “does this have mountains in it” which was pretty special.

mikey74
    Free Member

+1 for less chewy bits – and they were the best part

I noticed that too. When I bit into my first sublime triangle I thought there weren’t any chewy bits. I did eventually find some, but buried deep down inside the chocolatty goodness.

toppers3933
    Free Member

dark? toblerone? wrong i tell you! 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Laalalalalalalalalala, I’m can’t hear you. 😆

wingnuts

I went to college with the daughter of Mr Tobler. With the bod she had, she had obviously never tasted the family product…. Of any colour.

Brainflex

Fruit and nut toblerone is heavenly.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Toblerone, in this weather!!! 🙄
    Too cold for toblerone, someones going to get an injury!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Toblerone is defo the best choc ever, they having them for sale in Poundland at the moment, the large bar,they are only a…….pound.

So tempted to but them everything im at the airport, why is their such a massive promotion of them at the airport, I dont get it?

matthewjb
    Free Member

less chewy bits –

Odd. Surely chocolate costs more than those chewy bits. It seems unlikely they are making the product more expensive.

john_drummer
    Free Member

it is the 19th of january. how the hell did it last that long?

it’s the chocolate orange assorted segments, tin of Roses, tin of Celebrations and box of Thorntons continentals getting in the way.

now, considering we each have at most 2 or 3 pieces per day, I reckon I might still be anticipating the Toblerone on my birthday a week after Valentines…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Is there a way to bite off a triangle without damaging the inside of your mouth?

mikey74
    Free Member

put it in the fridge and then break off a piece at a time with your fingers. You do keep your chocolate in the fridge don’t you?

Cougar

Chocolate in the fridge? Good god man, are you some sort of deviant?

mikey74
    Free Member

Chocolate in the fridge? Good god man, are you some sort of deviant?

It’s the only way.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I found out my nut allergy at a young age thanks to toblerone, my grandad pointed out the hidden bear in the logo and said I was allergic to bears too.

bruneep

Oooh that’s just reminded me I have some truffles downstairs

Is that code for something 😯

toppers3933
    Free Member

Me and mikey74 (mikey74 and i) have found some common ground. Chocolate, especially toby, should be kept in the fridge. Always.

Bazz

Maybe your lack of chewy bits is just an anomilie wrong ‘un, like the solid chocolate Kitkat chunky i had once.

poly
    Free Member

I think the chocolate to – good bit ratio is different in the larger toblerones. I am guessing it is a surface area to volume ratio issue as they don’t want the ‘bits’ to appear on the outside? Always preferred the original size.

the solid chocolate Kitkat chunky

I’ve had one of them too, it was kind of nice in a disappointment way.

timidwheeler

Chocolate, especially toby, should be kept in the fridge. Always.

Correct.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

put it in the fridge and then break off a piece at a time with your fingers. You do keep your chocolate in the fridge don’t you?

pfff – I was raised on Yorkies, you have to bite off the chunks!

(not really, foulest chocolate known to man this side of Hersheys)

TheFopster
    Free Member

The big ones are three for a tenner at Heathrow. Just about to leave to catch a flight. Nomm nomm nomm.

Is it wrong to have eaten three before we land (on a short haul flight…).

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Toblorone is no longer the chocolate it used to be. It has become the same sugary vegetable fatty dregs as much of what so called ‘chocolate’ is. And, in order to meet the Poundland price point they cut the pack size by a triangle.

Is nothing sacred?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Toblerone’ is closed to new replies.