Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • To sell as a whole bike OR to sell parts seperately?
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

It's a CF HT Merida, FLX 5000 (?) and retailed at £4400 IN 2008.
    Full XTR everything, Group set, wheels, brakes, Reba 120mm forks.

So, do I try and get a decent price on eBay or strip everything out & sell the components separately?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

You will make a bit more stripping it and selling the parts invidually,though do factor in the time and effort of going to the post office and more numerous paypal transcations compred to selling the whole bike.

Also factor in sellers fees and paypal fees,on ebay which can be quite significant 10-20%.

Though you will get less,you can often,sell stuff here on the classifieds quicker.

I`d check ebay for completed listings for similar items then put them on here at about 10-20% less.

Ti29er
    Free Member

The bike's going to be stripped down anyhow as some of the lacquer has been damaged.
    The CF has not been punctured nor crushed and it's been kept indoors since the incident as naked CF is porous – something to be aware of when buying 2nd hand CF as this will likely see the weave fail with little or no external evidence of an impending catastrophic failure (I had quite an in depth chat with Caparo T1’s manufactures!) so this protective layer needs re-applying, which Smart Moulding in N Wales are doing for me next week.

As you say, Paypal's fees have made it less cost effective as a seller.

Cheers for the advice about posting in on STW, not something I'd considered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘To sell as a whole bike OR to sell parts seperately?’ is closed to new replies.