Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • to race or not to race……
  • Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

guidance and opinions gratefully received…..

I've got a solo spot for D2D following an entry months ago, I've also got rather delightful twin girls in intensive care at Oxford and Milton Keynes hospitals following a rather early birth 10 days ago.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the responsibilities of fatherhood should take priority this weekend, rather than pull the in-laws down to look after my better half and ferry her around to see the girls (she can't drive due to the c-section she had). Had a big year of racing already and the Kielder 100 the other week would be a more than adequate season closer. Turning up for work after 2 weeks of paternity leave looking like death warmed up might also take a bit of explaining….

thoughts of the STW world welcome

cheers

Matthew

oldgit
    Free Member

IMO you shouldn't even be contemplating riding, I'm old fashioned like that.

langy
    Free Member

def no riding – you can ride other times, your kids are in hospital ffs!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Unless you are 100% certain that your wife really, really wants you to go you definitely shouldn't. Sorry. 🙂

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Turning up for work after 2 weeks of paternity leave looking like death warmed up might also take a bit of explaining….

They'll be expecting you to look like that!! But, because you've been up all night with screaming babies.
    We've got another due anytime…..I'm amazed you got up to do Kielder with twins so imminent at that point in time

wwaswas

I can't believe you need to ask to be honest.

D2D will happen every year, your wife will only need you like this once.

uplink
    Free Member

I guess your head feels a bit muddled at the moment

sit down & have a think about what really matters – then forget about push bikes for a while

saladdodger
    Free Member

as above do you realy have to ask

It is only a bike ride, priorities may be a bit of a issue here

Spud

You felt the need to ask!

juan
    Free Member

That must be a troll right…

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

i know biking is an addiction, i know i feel it more than most and frequently widow my suffering other half when i disappear for the whole weekend. But this is different. stay with your wife and your new family. if youdont you will live to regret it im sure.

if it really bothers you that much book a weekend away in a months time so you have a fix to aim for….

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

cheers guys, as I said had pretty much come to the conclusion it was a no and the point about d2d being their next year is very valid. haven't had my head in the outside world for the past 10 days so good to get a reality check

Kielder – this was 3.5 months before the term date and 6 weeks prior to the earliest the hospital said they would cosider doing a section. the ladies popped out rather early but are doing well considering.

fat, old and slow here I come 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘to race or not to race……’ is closed to new replies.