Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • To PUSH or not to PUSH
  • Xan
    Free Member

I reacently bought a used 2006/2007 Fox Talas RLC fork and I am looking at a PR23 rear. I am concidering having the forks pushed opposed to just a service and when looking at the RP23 I have noticed TF tuned sell a pre PUSH’d one. Is it worth the extra £50/£60 for each one to have this done or do I just leave them as is.

Going on a Spesh FSR XC comp 2009 and I do XC/trail riding as well as planning on doing a few longer runs plus Strathpuffer and maybe an Alps week over the next year or so. also used for commuting so Lockout and adjustment is essential.

Pro’s and Con’s of people that have used/have PUSH’d fox shoks/forks.

khani
    Free Member

i’ve got some 05 talas rlc’s pushed and they were much better than before also a dhx coil pushed and its lush, 09 rp23’s are supposed to be good as stock so might not be worthwhile, have a look on mojo’s ex demo list as was some bargains on there a bit ago, might be worth getting one from them and sendind to tf to push you might save a few quid

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I bought last years RP23 (i.e. not the one with bigger air sleeve) off TFT and got it Pushed.

I really like the ride. Not having ridden the shock before it was Pushed I can’t say if it has made a significant difference. As the price is pretty low when adding at point of sale I’d do it. No good reason other than reading general comments about Pushed kit.

Xan
    Free Member

Thanks. Yeah only £35 extra to get it pushed when bought from TF tuned. A service from Mojo for my RLC is £99 and to get it PUSHed is £135. Is there anything done in a service that isn’t done when it is PUSH’d

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Dunno, doubt it though. Pretty sure TFT do Push upgrade on top of everything they do at a service. If / when I get my Pikes seviced I’ll probably get them Pushed as well.

Push Upgrade feels weird (and TBH a bit sh1t) in the car park. Totally different when you’re riding. Not going to rush to do it though, just when it fits in and is economical.

Xan
    Free Member

when you are saying it feels s**t in car park. Do you mean that it is not very good on the tarmac?? I use for commuting

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

No. Meant the standard “car park test” i.e. get bike out of car, stick wheels in, bounce suspension in car park e.g. checking rebound speed. But ride it and it feels great / totally different. Believe it’s because the damping is speed sensitive (but now I’m just repeating stuff off the Pinkbike review ;-).

Anyhoo, Propedal still works on RP23 when it’s Pushed so wouldn’t have though it’d make any difference to your commute.

Xan
    Free Member

Thanks Cheeky Monkey. Would be interesting to hear from someone that has pushed a RP23 that they have used before to know the difference.

mikey74
    Free Member

I had a standard RP23 on my Titus Motolite and then had it PUSHed when I got it serviced: It was better, but not sure if the improvement was worth the money. I have to admit to never being convinced by the way TFT set up the shocks.

Xan
    Free Member

are tft still the only ones that push fox shocks and forks in the uk? Who are the best people to buy from and do a standard service. Mojo?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m too POSH to PUSH…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘To PUSH or not to PUSH’ is closed to new replies.