Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • To dremel or not to dremel
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

That is the question.
    Thinking about getting my frame and forks sprayed this summer and was wondering if I should remove the welded on brake boss mounts on the forks with a dremel/file /emery paper combo. They are older style karate monkey forks. what does the collective ‘wisdom’ think? Will they snap? My feeling is that being made by surly they are probably bommer anyway and a bit of dremeling won’t hurt though I really don’t want to damage my dashing good looks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You got the tools ?

If you dont gimmie a shout . Got dremel/grinder/hacksaw and files in the garage if you need

Id go for it , long as the forks were formed then the mounted were welded on after which im sure they were

You aint ever gonna put v brakes on are you !( and if you do i could weld em back on – now that would damage your good looks )

singlespeedstu

I bet you could file half a Surly fork away and it’d still be fine. 8)

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Cheers terry might take you up on that offer sometime, don’t have a vice to hold things nice and steady.

singlespeedstu

If you go too deep Terry can run a bit of weld drop some birdshit over the hole for you. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Haha got a miami as well 🙂 just need to get round to bolting it down haha !

Adopted the guess twice measure once …… And still got the bolt size wromg !

trail_rat
    Free Member

**** you stu my welds iz looking good now . Passed an mot nae bother but that doesnt say alot – blue tack painted black would pass an mot 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘To dremel or not to dremel’ is closed to new replies.