Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • To catch or not to catch, that is the question?
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m running High Roller supper tacky on the front and find on fast descents I’m getting a lot of trail thrown up at me.

I’m considering getting a Crud Catcher for the down tube, or is this just too wussy for summer riding, and should I just MTFU and eat dirt?

5lab

if its on fast decents, are you sure you don’t just need an inner tube on the fork?

Lakes_Puma

if its on fast decents, are you sure you don’t just need an inner tube on the fork?

Err, not sure what you mean? Can’t work out if this was constructive or a pop?

xiphon
    Free Member

http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/NeoGuard.htm

Or you can use an inner tube to replicate it.

Lakes_Puma

Aha, so constructive 😀

I was also looking at one of those.

Cheers

5lab

sorry I should have been clearer.

inner tube + zip ties is a free and quick (10 mins) solution that’ll let you know which product you should buy, if you’re not happy with the tube look for the rest of your life

Northwind

Bender Fender is another good option, works in the same way and IMO is a bit more effective than the innertube with everything apart from serious standing water, while looking less stupid.

stgeorge

Bender Fender is another good option, works in the same way and IMO is a bit more effective than the innertube with everything apart from serious standing water, while looking less stupid

+1

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Bender Fender – just looked it up. If it works then OK but a washing up liquid bottle could be cut to the same shape.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I love it when people spend thousands of pounds on their bikes then strap washing up bottles or innertubes to it in order to save less than twenty quid. 😆

Northwind

Better to recycle than to make a new product, right?

You can make your own Bender Fender but they’ve got the weight/spec of the plastic just right, I made my own out of thinner sheet and it cracked, then I make one out of stiffer sheet and it wouldn’t hold the shape. Fair amount of fannying around involved in making it work as well as the shop-bought one ime.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Northwind aye agreed there, we shoudl all be re-using as much as we can.

Lakes_Puma

Thanks for info peeps, I’ll start by trying the neo-guard

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘To catch or not to catch, that is the question?’ is closed to new replies.