Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • to bib or not to bib?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening….

just got my new road bike home and have decided to purchase some new shorts. so bib or not? what d’you reckon?

cheers

simondbarnes

Bib. Loads more comfortable than waist shorts.

Edric64
    Free Member

bib or they fall down

jam-bo

bib. dhb are good and cheapish.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

First year in bibs this year ant they are a revelation. Even wear them on the MTB now as they are sooooo comfortable. Can’t believe I have missed out all these years.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bib.

Lifer
    Free Member

As above. Lusso for good and cheap as well.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Bib. FS260 pro. Fantastic value IMO .
    Edit: and wear them on the MTB of course.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

bibs are so much comfier, you just have to believe us convertees!…

daftvader
    Free Member

guess i will be trying on some bibs tomorrow then! 😀 cheers

Haze

Bib!

Edric64
    Free Member

Stw in total agreement shock horror

charliemort

shorts………….

err I mean bibs

daftvader
    Free Member

definately shocking…. where are the usual pundits to totally disagree!!!!!

Rorschach
    Free Member

bib

maccruiskeen

mankini

Edric64
    Free Member

Its easier to have a pee in a mankini I will grant you that

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Deffo bibs, I just bought another pair and went for some Sportful Bodyfit Pro Bibshorts from Wiggle. I did my first ride in them on Sunday and after 55 miles found them more comfy than my Assos bibs, the chamois was better positioned for my butt and overall comfort and support better.

maccruiskeen

Its easier to have a pee in a mankini I will grant you that

I’ve no idea, I’ve never worn one. But its always been a fantasy of mine to see Daftvader in one 🙂

theotherjonv

Is anyone in the TdF peloton wearing shorts?

Ther’s your answer. Choose the right tool for the job.

jkomo

Bib

jonba
    Free Member

bibs and another vote for dhb – aeron pro or race.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Of course this advice is just for men. I get well fecked off with having to strip to the waist to go for a pee.

tonyd

Bib!

I’ve been thinking about trying some for ages, when the foam pad finally fell out of my old favorite shorts a couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to splash out and got some of these. Bit pricey, even on sale, but first commute in them last week and they were so nice I’m tempted to get a spare pair.

Edit: The braces bit does accentuate the moobs a bit though, in wonderbra kind of a way.

spando
    Free Member

Bib +1 for Luso

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Definetely bib, wouldn’t wear anything else for road or mtb. Might shove baggies over the top for mtb if i’m feeling shy or RAD! 🙂

daftvader
    Free Member

mr? maccruiskeen… mrs vader says that that is a privelage for her eyes only!!! tho she says that for a small cash fee….. 😯 😯 😯

ratherbeintobago

Bibs FTW. As above, they’re also great under baggies on the MTB; towards the end of the season you might get some bargains if you’re not bothered about wearing team shorts.

Andy

maccruiskeen

tho she says that for a small cash fee..

How much is she offering? 🙂

cozz
    Free Member

20% off all dhb stuff on wiggle, just ordered a second pair of dhb bibs, my first pair are so good

Kip

Bib
    and Gore do a girly one with zips that mean you don’t have to get all you kit off (sorry maccruiskeen!)

jimification
    Free Member

Re: the pee thing. This is just stupidity on the part of the designers IMO. No reason not to have the front low enough to hoik down. I have some Assos bibs (can’t remember the model but they’re the “cheap” ones) and you can just pull the front down no probs. Avoid bibs with a high front and you’ll be fine.

Gribs

I agree with everyone else re bibs for comfort but they really don’t look good if your not a toned athlete and they make going for a piss much more awkward.

Edric64
    Free Member

Pee out the short leg then .You can get used to doing this whilst riding if doing long time trials

dadster21
    Free Member

Bib and tucker – once you have pee’d!

RealMan
    Free Member

..skin suit?

eyerideit
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member
    mankini

Mankini’s just a bib version of speedos.

Bib always, with lusso tights over them for winter/rain/shit weather.

keppoch

What are considered the best MTB bib shorts? Or is that just the same answers as the best road bib short?

dadster21
    Free Member

Fully interchangeable – I just add a pair of baggies over the top……

shortcut

Bibs, always bibs.

Bibs with baggies off road, without on road. Endura 3/4 bibs when it’s a bit colder. And some bib tights when it’s really cold.

Assos if you are rich, Endura, Northwave or Spesh hit the mid ground and the cheaper price points have already been covered.

And your bottom crack remains out of sight which is good for all concerned!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘to bib or not to bib?’ is closed to new replies.