Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • To anyone coming to the Peaks during the next couple of weeks…
  • mjb

Please be aware that the main road through Bamford will be closing at 9.00am tomorrow (Friday) for up to 3 weeks for emergency repairs.

keithb

We can only hope that DCC have to pull the money from the rushup edge repairs!

Superficial
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up – was heading that way on Saturday so I’ll have to take a detour.

EDIT: Do you know if it’s all the way back to Snake Pass, or just the village itself (I usually come down New Road from Stanage to Yorkshire Bridge).

maccruiskeen

Grrrr. I’m over that way tomorrow. Got a meeting in Crich and was going cut cross country and drop in at the David Mellor factory and ponder cutlery on my way home rather than head straight up the M1. But if I’m travelling via Heathersage I guess I’d end up getting snarled up around Bamford.

Handy warning though. The spoons will have to wait for another day.

totalshell

pity thet cant repair bamford clough.. its been closed for two years whilst they prepare for repairs..

mjb

It’s just the bridge over the railway at the south end of the village. The gas main that goes over the bridge is leaking. New road will be fine except for the increased traffic.

Latest from DCC is that the 3 weeks is just the worst case scenario and if they can free up enough resources then they are hoping to have it sorted by early next week. It’ll also still be open to pedestrians and so i guess that means you’ll be able to cross on a bike.

mjb

You can still get round Bamford on the back roads, New Road into Hathersage or probably better to the west through Thornhill. Only problem is they can get a bit snarled up if everyone is going that way and it only takes one lorry driver to try and get down to block the whole road.

pity thet cant repair bamford clough.. its been closed for two years whilst they prepare for repairs..

Still don’t get how it can be so dangerous that they need to stop people walking it but it takes them so long to do anything about it!

grannyjone
    Free Member

Christ, last thing I needed.
    I’m driving off to the Dennis Knoll carpark (Bamford) on December 3rd to do Stanage edge and Eastern Moors tour, a superb 50k mountain bike ride, one of the best the peaks has to offer.

The postcode where I’m heading is S32 1BQ and I’m coming from Wigan. Will this effect me?

Is it the A57 Snake Pass that’s effected ?
    Because the default route would be A57 Snake Pass to Ladybower res then turn right onto the A6013.

I’d also like to mention that the Snake Pass was closed around this time last year as well.

docrobster
    Free Member

You can get there without going through Bamford itself. Turn left opposite Yorkshire bridge in. Up the hill and over the tops

mjb

grannyjone – Member
    Christ, last thing I needed.
    I’m driving off to the Dennis Knoll carpark (Bamford) on December 3rd … Will this effect me?

It’s the A6013 in Bamford that’s closed so shouldn’t affect you as you would turn off it at Yorkshire Bridge and follow the road under Bamford Edge. The only problem you might have is the extra traffic going that way to avoid the closure as it’s quite narrow in a few places. Hopefully they might have had it sorted by then though.

I’d also like to mention that the Snake Pass was closed around this time last year as well.

It’s quite often closed at this time of year due to snow or ice or the usual accidents. There’s a short 30mph section near Ladybower at the moment due to a landslip.

Pieface

Do you know where the road closure will start? will it be immediately at the garage, or just at the bridge itself? I often park on Mytham Bridge road but guess that this will be beyond any closures, or being used for workers to park?

Thanks

mjb

I’m pretty sure it’s just the bridge as they are using the bus stop/turnaround for the school bus pick up. The issue is right next to/on the bridge so they are apparently having to dig by hand only.

Pieface

I ran over the bridge last Saturday and got a whiff of gas

totalshell

bamford clough has been closed for two years because an electric mains cable has become exposed and amazingly for 2016 nobody knows or cares whose it is so it suits everybody to wring their hands and do nothing as that is cheapest.. latest estimate is 100k to repair dcc will only allocate 25k.. result..nothing happens..

MoreCashThanDash

I ran over the bridge last Saturday and got a whiff of gas

I get that a lot when running as well.

maccruiskeen

Has this reopened yet, thinking I might head home via hope from Matlock this afternoon

Tracey

It was last week when we came back from Hope via it

maccruiskeen

Yay. Cutlery museum her I come!!!!!

maccruiskeen

Bought a wooden spoon

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘To anyone coming to the Peaks during the next couple of weeks…’ is closed to new replies.