Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • To Acid stomach / reflux sufferers.
  • alanl
    Free Member

I (OP) drink plenty of tea, never coffee. It has never crossed my mind that the caffeine in tea would cause it, I thought it was certain foods – bacon, especially smoked, Walkers crisps, Alpen.

I wake every day and have 2 mugs of tea, then, as I work in building, will have tea through the day, get home, kettle goes on for 2 more, so I get a pretty large intake through the day. The Site I’m on now has all the tea supplied, in a clear plastic case, I’ve been there 3 weeks. and saw them filling it up one day from a De-caf box, it then clicked that I had been taking very few Rennies that week. I bought De-caf for home use that day, and have not took any Rennies this week.
    It seems I may have found my own trigger cause, so hopefully this will help someone else who, like me, didnt realise that caffeine could be the cause.
    Side effects this week – a throbbing headache for 2 days – caffeine cold turkey?

alric
    Free Member

I’ve stopped coffee for 2weeks now!So I must be going through some withdrawals.I’m trying to find the trigger for my problem, which gets worse when I exercise
    I have been on omeprazole since someone told me about it a few years ago, it made a world of difference to me.
    Now I’m trying to ensure its not a gut flora thing,supposedly the good bacteria need feeding the right foods,and the bad bacteria dont want to be encouraged
    So no coffee, alcohol, sugar, grains, but bananas apples, oats, lots of protein are good
    It has made a difference so far, more than conventional medicine has, but I’m convinced yet

hora
    Free Member

Not a help to you to you OP but I used to get it hideously. I was on prescription meds the lot. Then by chance I figured out why. Every Sat am I’d have a fry up with baked beans. Then I’d head off for my ride.

Beans.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Beanz Meanz Burnz?

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘To Acid stomach / reflux sufferers.’ is closed to new replies.