Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • TLD A2 or Giro Chronicle – can't decide
  • prezet
    Free Member

New helmet search has narrowed down to these two … the chronicle has a touch more padding and I’d say is slightly comfier because of this. But I think the A2 would win in terms of air flow and keeping cool.

Other than this I can’t see much in it other than the price. The Chronicle can be had for a mere £60 (in MIPS version) while the TLD (even with my BC discount from CRC) is £125!

Head says save the extra cash and go with the Chronicle, heart says go with the TLD as it’s the nicer looking lid IMO.

Anything else I should take into consideration to help me decide?

jam-bo

The TLD A1 was comfy but sooo hot. Maybe they improved it for the A2.

Giro montaro would be a more equivalent helmet, love mine.

prezet
    Free Member

Giro montaro would be a more equivalent helmet, love mine.

Tried it, sadly the fit wasn’t quite right for me.

chris85
    Free Member

I’d go with the chronicle..or a discounted a1

davosaurusrex

I have the A2 and while the fit isn’t quite as good as the A1 it’s very close and much cooler. Prefer it to the Bell Super DH I also have. Expensive but it’s quality and like you say it’s a good looking lid

orangespyderman

The TLD A1 was comfy but sooo hot. Maybe they improved it for the A2.

They did

I have the A2 and while the fit isn’t quite as good as the A1 it’s very close and much cooler.

Agreed. The A2 isn’t as comfortable as my A1 was but the A1 was just too warm to be usable for most of the year. Really, really hot. A2 is a very good helmet.

Del

Heat of the A1 never bothered me unduly. What I found remarkable was on a ride with 4 of us, one lady, a man with a big giant head, and two of us relatively normal. All wearing A1, all remarking how good the fit is. That lid is dialled.

BillOddie

I have a Chronicle, no complaints!

kiwijohn

I have a Chronicle.
    Comfy but a sweat bucket. Even in winter.

Gachet
    Free Member

Last years A2s are half price at Merlin in certain colours and sizes.

kelron
    Free Member

I have a Chronicle, cooling is fine for me. Fit adjustment is a bit basic but it’s comfortable enough, couldn’t find anything that looked better at the price.

chris85
    Free Member

Gachet

Last years A2s are half price at Merlin in certain colours and sizes.

Posted 18 hours ago

Trouble is there all size small and crap colours

joebristol

I’ve got a Chronicle, it’s the most comfortable bike helmet I’ve ever had.

It runs a bit warmer than my older trail helmet, but given the extra coverage not much warmer. Definitely not sweaty in winter as mentioned above.

Mate has the A1 and says it’s really hot, but I’ve no experience of the a2. I actually prefer the look of the Chronicle (hence buying one) – I went for Matt Grey.

razorrazoo

I have an A2, very comfy but still quite hot (though I do tend to be a ‘hot’ person and sweat in all helmets I have tried).

Whydot

I’ve got a Chronicle.

It’s a BIG helmet, almost mushroom like on my head. But, it was dirty cheap, runs googles easily (if that matters to you), and fits really well.

Buy both and send back the one you don’t like?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘TLD A2 or Giro Chronicle – can't decide’ is closed to new replies.