Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • TJs visiting manchester
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

On the 13th august. Any of the Manchester posse around for a spin? I will have the Saturday daytime free. I’d love to meet up.

br
    Free Member

But if you come by your favoured public transport, are you sure you’ll have your bike 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am free that weekend where do you want to ride?
    Rivi , peaks , lakes or Wales?
    I prefer rivi as i can ride it from my house.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey I’m in Manchester that day too!

Bunnyhop

OOoh yes, what about a tandem duo? Will mrs. teej be available too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Manchester area. Don’t care where. I might not have a car available ( but might) don’t want to go far tho anyway. I was wondering about checking out some of my old stomping grounds in south manchester but IIRC the riding ain’t up to much

Bunnyhop – I doubt we will have the tandem – don’t think MrsTJ wants to play but if another tandem team are about she might be pursuaded

Bunnyhop

If you and Junkyard get together, it’ll be a long hair contest. Mine included.

south manchester but IIRC the riding ain’t up to much

Hey you cheeky monkey, there’s loads of great proper riding here.

ton

i might be tempted to bring my electric beast over for a spin. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Blimey I’m in Manchester that day too!

TJ and Al…

hairyscary

Might be down that way that weekend….not 100% yet. Rivi would be my preferred option.

geoffj

Train up to Horwich Parkway or Blackrod for Rivi

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – been trying to remember where we used to ride but we left manchester in 1988 😳 Along the mersey from Chorlton and out towards poynton where a pal lived, along the irwell as well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it’ll be a long hair contest

no it wont.
    Rivi is dooable from the train station from either adlington or horwich circa 20 mins from town centre by train
    I will go with the consensus re route.
    Can lend you a bike if you want depending in your height

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

**** sake – plan to leave Scotland for a weekend and half the clans follow me 😕

More than happy to go where there is decent ride. More than happy for anyone to join in. You do still have your gag Al?

I was thinking about visiting some of the old stomping ground but I am happy to go elsewhere

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Along the mersey from Chorlton

i was just out there earlier this evening, but then again it’s right where i live… tbh you’re right though, it’s a bit poor. in as much as it’s flat as a pancake.

rivi would probably be the best idea.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan…
    Where you staying Teej??

Al, where you staying too fella?

I’m only about half hour from Town.. Would be good to catch up again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am staying with friends in Levenshulme

elaineanne
    Free Member

think im the only one on ere that hasnt visited ‘Rivi’ yet…. its not a million miles away either,,,. 🙄

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cool… I’ll pop over for the catch up.. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok shall we say rivvy TJ how far do you want to ride and how long?

Bunnyhop

Could we do ‘Belmont/San marino descent, can we, can we?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No need for a firm decision now. But pencil in rivi – thats up by bolton way isn’t it? Me – 30ish miles 4 or 5 hrs? Happy to go further / Depends how much climbing / how techy it all is

Junkyard
    Free Member

it hills and moors nothing too technical or overly hilly. It is by horwich so North of bolton but you can climb up from that side.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Heard it mentioned many a time. Seen it from the m61 as well

lowey

If you Do Rivi then I would be happy to show you around my land. I could “only” do Rivi though as I wont be able to be out all day due to parental commitments.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Awesome Dave… I’ll be up for some guiding around Rivi again..

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is well worth a ride if you are in the area but not sure it needs to be on a to do list. San marino/belmont is a cracking descent- from the mast you will have seen from m61.

Gary_C

A big (12) group of us were up Rivi last night, San Marino descent was in the best condition i’ve seen for ages.

izakimak
    Free Member

sounds like a plan can i come? after spending the last week being chairlifted to the top of mountains i feel the need to stretch my legs again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Everyone welcome as far as I am concerned.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I will e-mail TJ and then do a big announcement up here for a northern STW ride. I have threatened a rivvy ride for ages. Moderately paced all welcome etc.

lowey

Gary.. did you loose two lads to a puncture at the bottom of San Marino ? I came through a massive group at Belmont Road that were waiting for them.

San Marino is indeed fast, the marbles are lethal though.

Also, there was a big group I bumped into in the gardens riding the lines that nearly got us MTB’ers kicked out of the gardens a few years ago 🙁

And not one application to ride my land… shocking.

Kevevs
    Free Member

TJ plus Cynic-Al? on a bicycling ride? It cannae be!

it’s like in Ghostbusters – Don’t cross the streams!

Elfin told me he may even be in Manchestershire at some point. It could be a Big Hitters Convention!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did not want to disturb you whilst you were in the pub riding 😛

lowey

How very dare you.. although the last STW RIVI ride ended like this:-

DSC03409 by lowey.com, on Flickr

DSC03410 by lowey.com, on Flickr

28032010372 by lowey.com, on Flickr

28032010373 by lowey.com, on Flickr

28032010376 by lowey.com, on Flickr

Gary_C

Gary.. did you loose two lads to a puncture at the bottom of San Marino ? I came through a massive group at Belmont Road that were waiting for them.

Yes, that was us !

Did you have a stw jersey on, & rode off towards Bolton on a red 5 Spot with white forks ? ‘cos one of our group said ‘Gaz, someones nicked your bike!!!!…..’:

Pic taken at the bottom of the Ice Cream Run. ( I had rode over from Blackburn to meet up with the others for 7pm start )

nbt

Sorry to be a spoilsport for all you rivi lovers but it’s not exactly easy to get to from Levenshulme, especially on a train (means going into picadilly, crossing manchester to victoria or at least crossing to the through platforms, another train out past Bolton and then a ride up to the trails), even more so when fro the same station the southbound trains go out into the Peak District.

As you say TJ the trails *in* south manchester are rubbish, but the trails south *of* manchester (or more accurately south-east) are far better. You could ride out from levenshulme, down to reddish vale and out to marple, or just get the train out to Middlewood or Disley.

I’m not saying the riding is rubbish around Rivington – just saying that there’s riding that’s just as good and a lot easier to get to. If you bring the tandem, we’ll ride ours, or you can borrow ours if that makes things easier for you. mail in profile if you want to discuss 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

In truth I am free that day but not in Mancs…unless TJ can give me a lift down? 😀

I’d actually be prepared to meat some of you lot, I might look at train tickets.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am working on pursuance mrs TJ that a tandem ride is a good idea – if we bring the tandem we will have a car. Might anyway.

Otherwise I would ride to victoria and get the train to Rivi to get there.

I am happy to travel a bit for a better ride / to meet up with more folk. But I would prefer to ride straight from the house

However its more about meeting up with folk than anything else

binners

Wahaaaaaaaaay! I can’t see you winning this one nbt. You’re going to have to learn to temper your northmanchestophobia mate 😉 Anyway – coming out your neck of the woods always involves the A6. And words can barely express how much i loathe that road!

Rivi’s ace anyway. We’ll be riding round there tomorrow.

Be good to see you on the trails uncle jezza. Will you need your passport? I wouldn’t fancy the San Marino on a Tandem though 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘TJs visiting manchester’ is closed to new replies.