Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Thomas Cook – WTF
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Just had a call from them (they have been looking at holidays for us). I told them that I didn’t want them to look anymore as none of their recommendations met our requirement for a Greek island with a sandy beach (for our young girls to play on).

Their response…

‘The thing is, Greece doesn’t really have any sandy beaches, they are all pebbly’.

FFS – and these people are paid to give this advice.

BoardinBob

I still chuckle at the Thomas Cook agent who insisted on pronouncing Tignes phonetically when we were booking years ago.

DezB
    Free Member

😆
    Does it have to be an island? cos the best thing I remember about Halikidi was the sandy beach!

johndoh
    Free Member

(Goes away to research Halkidiki…..)

ton

stay away from kalamaki (zante) shyte!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Halkidiki?

Hmmmmm, the Anastasia, buttery smooth water to wakeboard in the mornings, nice force four or five to fly a cat in the afternoon, then on to Pete’s in the village to get totally munted have a couple of light ales of an evening.

Pebbly beach, mind you. 🙂

sadexpunk

stay away from kalamaki (zante) shyte!!

whaaaaaaat???? we loved tsilivi in zante!

DezB
    Free Member

(Goes away to research Halkidiki…..)

It was on one of these finger type places. Long time ago though, so can’t remember which and probably all built up now!

[edit]Best Greek restaurants I’ve ever come across too.

Ah we were so young. So in love *sigh*

johndoh
    Free Member

Ah we were so young. So in love *sigh*

Yeah, I did a summer island hopping in 1990 and have been to many places over the years (before and since) but not been for a good 15 years now and really can’t remember the good beaches from the bad.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

That’s a shame, because my wife and I had a fantastic first holiday there.

Was 20 years ago though 😯 . May have changed.

jon1973
    Free Member

If you want a nice beach, Rhossili Bay has the best beach in the UK and the ninth best in the world according to a TripAdvisor survey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-26625340

The water is cold though. But it is a fantastic beach.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Only on STW.

OP: I’m thinking of going to Greece for a beach holliday.

Response: Have you considdered Wales?

wolfrider
    Free Member

Stalis in crete has a nice sandy beach. Kalamaki beach is also good in zante but is a 15 min walk from the resort.

johndoh
    Free Member

LOL
    Thanks jon but we haven’t had a summer sun holiday in 6 years so we’d prefer Greece over Wales.

marko75
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Only on STW.

OP: I’m thinking of going to Greece for a beach holliday.

Response: Have you considdered Wales?

To be fair – the cycling in Wales is better than in Greece…. if only the weather was!

Smudger666

corfu? St Stefanos in the NW of the island has a sandy beach about a mile long (including a nuddy bit at one end!)

sadexpunk

corfu? St Stefanos in the NW of the island has a sandy beach about a mile long (including a nuddy bit at one end!)

has it now…. im going to corfu in june 😀

scandal42
    Free Member

Pefkos in Rhodes was lovely when I went about 6 years ago, absolutely gorgeous sandy beach.

We stayed at the following hotel http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g666539-d622133-Reviews-Lindia_Thalassa_Resort-Pefkos_Rhodes_Dodecanese.html

It had it’s own access to a lovely quiet spot of the beach. Wonderful views over the ocean and a lovely little cliff top bar just a stroll down the beach.

scandal42
    Free Member

Oh and although I loved Halkidiki and the beach was great, the mozzies there utterly ravaged me.

brassneck

Kefalonia? Lourdas beach is nice n sandy if a bit narrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

has it now…. im going to corfu in june

The first rule of nuddy beaches is….

The people you see on nuddy beaches are NEVER the sort of people you’d ever want to see on a nuddy beach.

Bunnyhop

One of my worst holidays was in Corfu.
    All the nuddies were German and of a certain shape and age.

MrOvershoot

CaptainFlashheart – Member

The first rule of nuddy beaches is….

The people you see on nuddy beaches are NEVER the sort of people you’d ever want to see on a nuddy beach.

Oh so true. Not that I look good nude either 😮

johndoh
    Free Member

Pefkos in Rhodes

Yeah went there years ago – 1991 in fact. I met the wife and child of Roger Waters (Pink Floyd just in case you don’t know) in a the local shop as they live(d?) there. At the time there were rumours of Floyd doing a gig on a floating barge in Lindos Bay.

jp-t853

I love Paxos from the main village you can get a water taxi to Anti Paxos

BoardinBob

Yeah went there years ago – 1991 in fact. I met the wife and child of Roger Waters (Pink Floyd just in case you don’t know) in a the local shop as they live(d?) there. At the time there were rumours of Floyd doing a gig on a floating barge in Lindos Bay.

and on the way back from the cove, within a hundred yards from each other, we saw Stevie Nicks and Helena Bonham Carter. So we gave them both a lift on the back of the tractor. Which was nice.

scandal42
    Free Member

Pretty much the beach from linked hotel.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Been going to Rhodes for years. Plenty of sandy beaches along the east coast. Tsambika beach is lovely. Stopped in faliraki, lindos and kalithea. Faliraki used to be party central, it’s now a family resort.

bymybike
    Free Member

Corfu bays and beaches may do! A couple of photos here:
    http://slideshow-maker.com/usergalleries/LarryOwen/corfu.php

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive just got back from Rhodes that had sandy beaches depending on where you were

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Thomas Cook – WTF’ is closed to new replies.