Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • TJ Rivvington ride Sat 13 th
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Dear all ,

as per this thread
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tjs-visiting-manchester/page/3#post-2818189
    the legendary TJ is oop [down in his case] North this saturday
    To celebrate this great event there will be a Rivvy ride with pub stop meeting at 10:30 am for an 11 am start. Roughly 20-25 miles 5 hours ish- TJ will confirm how much time he has
    Pace will be social and it will not be a fast ride but a social one.
    Meet in front of the house by the top barn in your bestest riding gear/dandy horse.
    TJ will be with tandem- I think – and the route will be SS able and suitable for any bike.
    meet point
    BL6 7SB

steel4real
    Free Member

Sounds like a good ride – oh hang on a minute I’ll just have a look at some of this Tandem geeza’s posts…..

…..no, sorry, but I’d rather shove wasps up my ass than meet him.

Cheers all.

:mrgreen:

RustySpanner

Bolleaux,

We’re off up to Scotchland on Saturday….

Oh, the

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sowwy rusty

Charming steel4real. all welcome you know.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve not had my arse on a saddle for two weeks, so might be up for it, if it’s an easy pace.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes even nobbers are welcome Mr Steel 😉
    It will be slow paced so as long as you can manage the distance you will be fine

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

social ride pace. Anyone getting too sporty will be laughed at and told to do the climbs twice

lipseal
    Free Member

Sounds good to me

GRAEMEJONES

I could do with a navigator 🙄 so if anyone from roughly Winsford-ish area wants a lift there’s plenty of room . Could pick up anywhere up to about j19 M6 , Northwich area, before I get on the M6. 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

I could be tempted. anyone want a lift share from manchester?

nbt

Is the pub stop mid ride or post ride? I’m not a fan of mid ride stops. We’ll probably be there anyway

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pub stop not essential I was thinking about lunch tho. I will have to drive it looks like so beer ain’t the best of ideas.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said i dont drink

highclimber
    Free Member

Mid ride cake stops are essential

GRAEMEJONES

In that case ^^^^ I’ll make some BFO’s, they seem to travel OKish . 😉

nbt

One more question before I retire for the evening, are we doing the belmont descent? Either way it won’t stop us coming but might affect the choice of bike

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyards in charge of the route although up for discussion I guess – we will probably be on the tandem. Happy to do the belmont sdescent – I saw it on youtube

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes of course but it is a smooth descent …..
    I have not fully planned the route though but I will at some point and do a Memory Map for anyone who cares probably include the Ice cream run

highclimber
    Free Member

I am now sold. hopefully it will be a good ride with good weather. if anyone wants to ride share from around manchester, give me an email.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bump for the shirkers workers

marsdenman
    Free Member

Have fun – would have loved to join in but I shall mostly be on the M5…. 😉

lowey

Sorry … checked with ex and she is away on Saturday so will have the girls.

Have fun!

binners

If it doesn’t involve both the Belmont and the Ice Cream run its not a ‘proper’ Rivi ride. So there! And I want to see someone try the Ice Cream Run on a tandem.

And to counteract all this frankly disappointing gay attitude to beer, I’m a fan of both the mid-ride AND post-ride beverage. The Black Dog straight after San Marino is the norm. Foods good in there too.

Anyway…. Its a Saturday afternoon social ride FFS! And… AND… we have, lest we forget, the honour of playing host to Scottish Royalty no less. Standards have to be maintained. Have a word with yourselves 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if you don’t mind people who push up more than their fair share of climbs, then i could well tag along…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Please do.

binners

You know you want to fella. I’ll happily walk up the hills with you 😀

MrSparkle

Might be out that way on Saturday morn thrashing the cross bike. I’ll keep an eye open for yer. Are you heading over our neck, Junky?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I doubt they have the fitness level tbh 😕
    Tockholes cafe will be furthest we get but it depends on pace of the slowest…I assume the riders can pick up the drunks from the pub on the way back 🙄
    There are a couple of shortcuts for the less fit – though you will miss some descents as a result but not Belmont

Bunnyhop

xherbivorex – I’ll keep you company with the pushing at the back and being teetotal in the pub.

I want to see someone try the Ice Cream Run on a tandem.

Mmm that is a challenge, are you throwing down a gauntlet?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do it bunnyhop 🙂

Having seen a youtube vid of it it looks OK bar a couple of short sections that might require discretion

wors

Healey nab is amust on a Tandem 😉

crispo
    Free Member

Some of the switchbacks on the red at Healey nab are far too tight to do on a tandem!

wors

Some of the switchbacks on the red at Healey nab are far too tight to do on a tandem!

thats why i winked.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, barring any disasters i’ll be there!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looking forward to this now 🙂

Whats this healy nab? How tight are these? we can get round any of the hairpins at Glentress and Laggan Youtube clip?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/12410730[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nice vid. didn’t see any hairpins too tight – but Mrs TJ would have a fit at some of the rocky bits/ stepdowns 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i don’t think that the switchbacks on the climb back up on the red are shown on that vid, but a couple of them are quite tight 180 degree jobs. depends on whether johnnie wants to incorporate it into the ride; it’s about 15-20 mins ride from rivi so fairly close by.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dunno if it really fits the description of an easy social ride. we would be struggling with bits of that for sure

crispo
    Free Member

The red route are pretty reasonable for a social ride to be honest, its all rideable, its just more fun the faster you go 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘TJ Rivvington ride Sat 13 th’ is closed to new replies.