Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Titus Rockstar and a dropper + which non-remote dropper?
  • chestrockwell

Hello all. My mate has just bought one of the bargain Titus Rockstar frames but having received it has realised it does not have routing for a dropper post.

What solutions have other owners come up with? He’s not keen to cable tie the cable to the top tube btw.

He currently runs a Reverb but is considering swapping for a non-remote dropper. Any recommendations?

honourablegeorge

I’d recommend not bothering with a non-remote dropper.

Use these glued to the bottom of the top tube to route a proper post. (Although I can’t believe the price being charged, they must be cheaper elsewhere. And degrease the frame before you fit them)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/octane-one-3m-removable-cable-guide/rp-prod110920

cokie

I actually prefer a non-remote dropper. They are very simple, require less maintenance, can be swapped easier and don’t clutter the bars. It’s a shame that more don’t offer it. I’ve had good experience with Xfusion Hilo.

nemesis
    Free Member

+1 on remote or nothing for most people but as cokie shows, for some non-remote may be ok.

For me, I’ve just zip tied the dropper cable to the rear brake hose which ran under the top tube anyway.

honourablegeorge

cokie – Member

I actually prefer a non-remote dropper. They are very simple, require less maintenance, can be swapped easier and don’t clutter the bars.

“I prefer plastic apples. They’re shinier, last longer, and are lighter.”

Northwind

😆

Nonremote droppers are about, maybe, 10% as good as a remote one. Maybe that’s the important 10% for you, probably it’s not.

I used stick-on cable guides and some zip ties to attach to other cables, worked better than some “proper” cable guides as they were exactly where I wanted them.

chestrockwell

Thanks for the replies. Should have mentioned the cables are semi-integrated so that’s one of the reasons he doesn’t want a full length cable showing. He’s being a tart basically! 😆

Stevet1
    Free Member

Thomson droppers used to come with an underseat lever. Think they have either ditched the idea or were going to when I emailed them last about a 150mm dropper.
    I have a KS i900 or something or other with an underseat lever. I like it. Apparently though I am weird because 90% of the time I use a standard seatpost – I ride to a spot, drop the seat and pull off some rad moves then put the seatpost up again. I put the dropper on when I know I’m going for a ride with a lot more flowy up and down. Not having a cable makes this a 10 second job instead of a 10 minute one.
    sometimes I even carry my dropper in my backpack and swap it out mid-ride so I can use the dropper function on a tricky section.
    The last part may not be true. or is it…
    it’s not.

chestrockwell

Might have to have a look if my Thomson came with one so he can have a go.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Titus Rockstar and a dropper + which non-remote dropper?’ is closed to new replies.