Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Titus Motolite
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

I have matching nail varnish for the Green. And it ain’t for stone chips on the frame 🙂

Spud

The 09 custom colours are cracking too, although I do like my grey.

Andy

Hmmm runs off to buy bronze nail varnish for toe nails – they will never know, but always wonder!!

Inzane
    Free Member

Spud, no I have not. I have an older horst link 5-spot, and a friend with a Motolite.

I was seriously looking at both bikes a few years back and chose the 5-Spot for a few reasons including:
    1. Bushes instead of bearings. My frame has been ridden hard out for over 4 years now, and the rear end still has the original bushes and still feels great (no play at all).
    2. Angles. Motolite has steeper angles, where as the 5 spot is a little more relaxed and makes the rider really feel at home on tech single track

Spud

That’s certainly a consideration re: bushings etc. Mate has a 5-Spot, although I’ve not ridden it. Have ridden a Flux on the Dyfi and my ML feels far more chuckable (to me anyway). There’s the price difference to consider now I guess too!

househusband

Must admit that it was the bargain price I got my ML frame for that was a deciding factor; may also have considered the 5-Spot if budget hadn’t. Both nice frames.

Spud

It was the 4″/5″ option for me, although I can’t see me dropping it to 4″! Got a good deal on the frame too!

Andy

hh

Have changed the shock bushings as they went a couple of months ago,

These are the ones to the rear of the shock? Did you replace with stock bearings from Titus?

and the main pivot bearings went just this weekend

from Ebay? Which ones please?

How much riding is this based on as well please?

heihei

I have both the ML and a HL 5-Spot. As already noted, the ML has steeper angles, and is less plush over the small stuff, but the upside of this is it feels more efficient, accelerating better. In comparison, the 5-Spot is plusher, more laid back, but a bit slower in acceleration. I don’t think either is “better” – just depends on your preference.
    I would say, however, that the DW design does give the best of both worlds, being both efficient and plush. This is based on having ridden both an Ibis Mojo and the new 5-Spot.

Spud

Keen to know timescale for bearing wear here too.

househusband

Shock bushings were replaced with the heavy duty polymer set from TFTuned.

Main pivot bearings (behind the bottom bracket) are 4 x 61802 2RS, and I bought a couple of sets from eBay for £1.50 ea – will see how the cheap ones last compared to the original Enduro bearings.

Based on riding once or twice a week since last May/June. Am heavyish at 15st+ with kit so lighter riders may fare better.

Spud

I’ll be reet then, I’d be lucky to have average twice a month!

Andy

thanks hh

brownpants
    Free Member

ELAINE – Have you decided yet? You’ve just got to give FAT Treads a ring – It would even be worth a trip up there if they say it’s your size.

I am so glad I met a guy near Kentmere riding one – That simple 5 minute chat made me look at Titus and am looking nowhere else for a long time !

Spud

Go on, go on, go on! You won’t regret it!

lock
    Free Member

nirvana cycles in westcott has got titus and turner

elaineanne
    Free Member

wheres westcott ?????

i canr decide ???? oh dear …. wondering wether to go for the orange womens diva (only when the price comes down)….. that will be a while tho… Aviemore is too far !!!! now then id be better off going down south as thats where Axel imorts is based i think…
    goodness me this is a quest for the best !!!

Spud

Where are you Elaine?

elaineanne
    Free Member

lancashire/yorkshire ???? i dont know…im live on the border !! hahahha
    the nearrest big city to me is Manchester !

im going to demo an orange diva soon …!!! just to see how that bikes rides !

marsy8493
    Free Member

Hi Elaine, give Andy a ring at Shockwave in Nottingham. He will be able to give you loads of advice on what model and frame size to get. Was in the shop today having having a long look at several Titus frames they have in stock. The El Guapo is still a stunning piece of kit. 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

what kind of prices are we looking at ?
    oh and as my hubby will be playing a big part of the payment…. he wants me to have an ‘Orange’ bike now….. dont think he,s too keen on american stuff that may go faulty, and not being able to get parts as eay as other bikes … (thats what he said not me !!!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I give up…

househusband

I give up…

Yup.

Spud

Indeed the EG is a lovely bit of kit! If I had the cash to splash on a bigger bouncer the EG would be it. There’s a 3 year warranty on the ML by the way!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments on FTB folks :::writes out more cheques:: heh.

Druid, sorry for not getting back sooner. Im afraid we have no ti motos in the sale.

Elaine, dont worry about it being an american brand. theres no imperial sizing that’s going to get in the way of metric or anything. spares are easy to come by and can be had by anyone in the u.k within a few days as the dealers are nicely placed around the country. usually theres a dealer within 200 miles so a visit to one shouldnt be too tricky if you wanted to comfirm sizing and the kind of build you plan on going for.
    you just need to find out what type of bike will suit the riding you plan to do. you can do this by thinking about the places you have ridden recently and keep it all in mind when you get asked about it come the time. consider where you might be riding in the future,where you normally ride in a typical month, and whether or not you think youll be needing a tougher bike or not.
    you mention all mountain, also consider your weight and just how hard you are on youre current bike. you dont want to be sold “all mountain” kit when a lot of it could be a little overkill.. possibly spoiling the ride for you.let them know what you have at the moment and what you like about it/hate about it as well. it all helps.

RE: “Fox bushes are £1 each so dont believe the £20 bit” comment.. i can agree with you,brownpants… I mentioned £20 as thats around the RRP from Mojo for a full set of reducers and 2x DUs. I didnt quote a few quid for DUs alone as fox mojo recommend replacing all worn parts together as thats the normal thing to carry out in a repair. If a bike shop or shock servicing outfit recommended to replace only half the worn parts that pressed into each other, the customer would probably be questioning it. replacing d.us alone can often do the job but as a bike shop or from mojo`s point of view, we both have to offer the best option and replacing one half of the problem isnt the best thing to be telling the customer. If a customer insists on trying the D.U only option then its definitely worth a go though seeing as how they are so cheap! i hope you can see it from a bike shop or mojo point of view. i do agree with you regarding the cost though.:O)

Druid, were you being sarcastic to Jojo? lol. I think shes being sarcastic to me regarding the “particularly the delightful MartinXYZ ” bit. I sprayed my tea over the monitor reading that one. lol.
    Im still trying to find out who photoshopped her in that position riding down two Ton Drop on the notorious laggan black,though.some photoshop skills there but not quite good enough for my beady eye.. i can still make out the the kitchen sink around the edges of her hands ;OP

::sprints for miles:::

martinxyz
    Free Member

i had to edit that as i used commas etc and it all messed up.i still dont know why this happens since the forum changed.is it my puter?

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok whats the telephone numba for ‘shockwave’ in ‘nottingham’ please

martinxyz
    Free Member

0115 9215065

Spud

martinxyz
    Free Member

i just found both! the 2nd number is the one i called them on yesterday.

Spud

I was worried I’d be held up for a Muppet! 😆

MarkiMark
    Free Member

Late entry – I have a Motolite, bought from Nirvana Cycles near Dorking in Surrey. Great bike, had it for about 2.5 years. Fantastic grip in all conditions and a good climber. Sadly need to sell, but I can recommend it very highly, it’s never given me a moment of trouble and rides brilliant. It’s all XTR stuff so pretty light as well.

hicksville
    Free Member

very late entry I got a supermoto from Fat Treads, really really good people, I ahve owned turners, xce/rfx/spot and ellsworth moment and the sumo is brilliant, climbs really well for a big slack bike, far too capable for my skills downhill, agreed not the plushest over small hits but big tyres deal with that. Looking at a ml or racer x as a companion. I would say that that the ml is a stronger all rounder than the orange, I am not a fan of single pivots.

Good luck

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Can vouch for the El Guapo btw.

Stunning attention to detail and performance is second to none. Not that I am biased in anyway of course. 😉

matt_outandabout

Oh, I need one of those ‘Genuine Mincer’ stickies….

jojoA1
    Free Member

Martin, I was being utterly sincere 🙂 And it was the ironing board that was shopped out on that pic.

brownpants
    Free Member

Still loving mine – just did the C2C on it and it was just right .

aviemoron
    Free Member

And now for something completely different…….

From Fat Treads. My fave even 2 years on.

Susie
    Free Member

Househusband, how have your ebay bearings lasted? Also, are they easy to replace yourself, do you need special tools?

Anyone taken theirs to Sshockwave for the bearings to be replaced, if so, how much did they charge?

househusband

Househusband, how have your ebay bearings lasted? Also, are they easy to replace yourself, do you need special tools?

Have bearings from smbbearings in there now; their own Japanese precision type. Going well, been in there several months now. Bugger of a job to get the bearings in the main pivot out, back in – and realigned. There's two pairs either side… looked at getting a single pivot next time but all well now. At least no special tools required.

Saw WhatafackinLiberty's EG at Glentress today!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Titus Motolite’ is closed to new replies.