Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Titus FTM Carbon – front mech
  • bellerophon
    Free Member

Just wondering what front mech people are using with the Titus FTM frame?

I bought an SLX top clamp, dual pull (FD-M661) but when I place it where I would normally, i.e. cage 1-2mm above bash guard (2×9 here) the chainstay hits the mech cage when the suspension is compressed.

Conan257
    Free Member

X9 top clamp.

I think I have a similar issue, will be checking it tonight. Don’t think I’ll be able to move the mech up as some gear combinations leave the chain in contact with the bottom of the mech.

dantsw13

I have a top clamp SLX on mine. I had similar problems on the C456 with its chunky chainstays. The advice I was given was to fit the front mech as if there was an imaginary 3rd ring. This will give a bigger gap above the big ring on a double crank, as it is effectively a middle ring on a triple. Worked a treat on my C456, and I hadn’t even noticed it as an issue on my FtMc

bellerophon
    Free Member

Cheers Dan, I thought I might be raising it up, but thinking in terms of a triple is a good idea.

dantsw13

I’m currently in India with work – back on Friday, so I’ll take a photo then.

oldnick

I run an XT direct mount on my Pivot, which I run 2X9 without a bash.

The gearchange is fine, but the chain flies off for no reason unless I use a chain device. Hopefully your bash will stop that but bear it in mind.

Also it looks a bit naff, get used to people telling you it’s at the wrong height!

Speshpaul

i’ve got a XT 2×10 that i ordered for a FTM, but after OO sent me two damaged frames i gave up. its 786 top band, if its any use?

bellerophon
    Free Member

Hi Dan, yeah I’d be interested in seeing that, cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Titus FTM Carbon – front mech’ is closed to new replies.