Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Titanium welding on frame
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I might be buying a frame that needs a large crack 1/4 inch wide welding. I presume that’s because it has spread apart. Does anyone have any experience of getting Ti repaired and whats the sort of rate are you looking at. Should note its on the drive side chain stays right next to the bottom bracket shell but is not the weld that has gone the tube its an hardtail

Speshpaul

New chain stay I’d say. Argos or global

qwerty
    Free Member

Ted James Design works in Ti and is Stroud ish based, or Ben Cooper (Kinetics) is in Glasgow. I’m guessing a new tube would be the way forward.

Northwind

I had a Soda repaired my Enigma but that was all undisplaced, just a pair of tidy cracks… Still, I’d recommend their work. They had the erratic communications and timescales of the very busy, but they’re very busy because they’re good, so I forgave em

catsplums
    Free Member

I have an enigma frame and I am very impressed with the warranty and quality and would have no issue with them doing a repair… One thing to bear in mind is that the crack might be as a result of poor production processes and therefore likely to happen again if simply welded over.

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben Cooper (Kinetics) is in Glasgow.

I don’t do titanium, though. Actually, I’m not doing any repairs at all at the moment, too much work to do.

Northwind

You need ESC Golf- they’ll get a blind man to weld a randomly shaped gusset on it and then sell it as “superb condition”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Titanium welding on frame’ is closed to new replies.