• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Titanium Spring!
  • chilli
    Free Member

Hi,anyone got any experience of these springs, http://www.diverse-mfg.com/mtb/titaniummtbshockspring.html

I want to put a ti spring on,i need a fox 2.35,but mojo or tf don’t stock em,google found these guys and it all seems a bit too good to be true,£120 delivered to uk!

si-wilson
    Free Member

I know someone who has used them and they are fine, do it!

chilli
    Free Member

Cheers,at that price i think i will,could always sell it on if doesn’t fit.

Onzadog
    Free Member

bah, no one ever makes the rate I want in ti.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

LoCo off here sells them.

ahwiles
    Free Member

don’t believe the claimed weight-savings you hear about Ti springs;

your steel spring will weigh about 450grams, a Ti replacement will weigh about 300grams.

you can probably save more weight elsewhere for less money.

unless you have already reached the ‘£1 per gram’ weight saving measures…?

(if your bike has a coil spring, i’m guessing it’s got some other hefty parts on it, for example; a full bounce bike doesn’t need silly strong Dh cranks, shimano Xt will be plenty strong enough and are very light)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its true it won’t be feather weight like an air shock could be.

You should save approx 40% of the weight of your steel spring, which as has been pointed out, could be not very much. Obviously, the bigger savings in weight will come from the replacement of the longer springs seen in DH forks and shocks.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

You will need to add Vat and import duty.This will add about another 25% so it will be about the same price as a Nukeproof

GW
    Free Member

for example; a full bounce bike doesn’t need silly strong Dh cranks, shimano Xt will be plenty strong enough and are very light

Speak for yourself, having bent plenty DH cranks it’s certainly not somewhere I want to skimp on strength on a low BB DH bike. Plus XT doesn’t fit 83mm without major mods anyway.

You’re spot on about Ti spring weight savings tho, I’d only ever buy a S/H Ti spring, new prices are just not worth it, if you can find an old Manitou Ti spring they are often lighter than a lot of other brands.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Titanium Spring!’ is closed to new replies.