Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Titanium frames – talk to me
  • mdb
    Free Member

Planning a new bike and looking at all my options including Ti. Never had a Ti frame before so what can i expect from ride quality / feel?

The Lyknsey Ridgeline 29er is very appealing.

cruzer
    Free Member

Essentially, imagine how a steel frame ride. and then double the ride quality and thats how ti rides.

I had a titanium Charge Blender, and it felt like i was riding a full sus. definately worth the expense.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a Ti bike that is very harsh indeed. Its more to do with how its built than the qualities of the material

b_man
    Free Member

Go for the ridgeline, I am sure you will not be disappointed. I cant say I notice a massive difference that can be attributed to the frame material but the design just works and its nice to know that you are riding a frame backed by a lifetime warranty and good customer service…

john_l
    Free Member

My Ridgeline is incredibly stiff – nothing like riding a full suss. Lovely bike though – fast & handles very nicely.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Love my Morning Glory (as does the gf, but that’s another story..) It’s an odd mix of compliment and stiff- zips up the hills, but definitely not harsh on the way back down. Love the way it soaks up landings- even from 2ft odd 😀

TJ- what bike is it that you find harsh?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mines an old Raleigh special products / mtrax frame. It has straight seatstays and chainstays so is harsh

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Titanium frames – talk to me’ is closed to new replies.