Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • tiscali ?
  • scottishcyclocross
    Free Member

anyone know what is happening with Tiscali? Can’t get onto the interweb with mine and neither can a chum…….

nukeproof
    Free Member

Working here.

psyclone1976
    Free Member

where do you live? There is a major BT issue going on in the Ilford area that is affecting Docklands in london and the surrounding area.

Innes
    Free Member

I am having problems with Tiscali as well, I am in the Highlands.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Never worked as advertised, ill informed 1st line support and 2nd line never call back as arranged, they don’t even understand what they offer as a service (your news servers are still not working during the day-no, not BBC news, your NNTP servers-no they are not a news website etc.)
    Spluttered to the end of the year and now wildly flakey again, access on and off at random but always able to access their speedtest (which is faster the worse the rest of the connection!), time to move on for me.
    Oh, near Chesterfield, Eckington exchange for me.

coffeeking
    Free Member

No problem here all day just north of Glasgow.

scottishcyclocross
    Free Member

seems to be a localised highlands and ayrshire issue then.

thank goodness i can liberate my neighbours…

Christowkid
    Free Member

Was just going to ask the exact same question!
    In Devon, it didn’t work yesterday pm and evening, re-set router etc, in the end gave up and went to bed. It looked like it was still out ( now, monday 10.40am ) but re-set our router and after a while it woke up.

Have been a customer for ~ 4 years, always worked ok, even got 6.5-7.5mb/s when on the 2 Mb/s package. We clicked on ur old modem to connect and the connection speed was always given. About a year ago went wireless, and now it feels a lot slower at times, drops out, early evenings works at snail speed.
    We might be at opposite ends of the country, but seem to be getting a uniformly poor service!
    cheers
    Q

shinsplints

Mine was borlacksed all Saturday pm & evening – tried to call the ***coughs*** “support” line to no avail,couldn’t get through.Weirdly,woke up Sunday morning & it had fixed itself ! (wish my bike would do the same !!) – I am in Shropshire btw,WV16 postcode.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Ours packed up Sunday morning and was still out of action late last night.
    Oxfordshire by the way.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m in Poplar, near Docklands, and I have internets, but no ‘phone?

My ISP is Virgin, but I’m with Tiscali Talk for the ‘phone line.

Annoying.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Hi All,
    further to all our mutterings about Tiscali:
    Just seen this in today’s email from ITPro.
    Aparently a huge cable got severed in London over the weekend
    ‘ affecting all ISP’s that work with BT….’

http://www.itpro.co.uk/610433/broadband-outage-hits-tens-of-thousands-in-east-london

Not sure where Tiscali comes from, but maybe it’s had an effect on us….?
    Just a thought!
    cheers
    Q

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Tiscali help line is based in the Philipines !!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

What you do,

Email the buggers – give them 24hrs then email the buggers again… they have responded everytime to that for me… especially if you say you will pull the direct debit in X days time on the 2nd email.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘tiscali ?’ is closed to new replies.