Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tires for Surrey Hills and 25-30mm ID rim?
  • spaniardclimber
    Free Member

Need new tires and rims (29″), so thought of getting some 25-30mm inner rims (probably WTB Asym i29), but I have no clue about the tires.

I’ll mostry ride around Surrey Hills and off to Wales a few days per year, what do you recommend? I’d rather have grip over speed.

BTW: I currently ride Magic Mary 2.35 front and High Roller 2.3 rear, not that I chose them, but they came with the bike.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Check out wtb. I’m a massive fan after recently converting from being a maxxis/shwarble fanboy. Thick or thin sidewalls, fast or grippy. I run a breakout rear with a vigilante front or a convict for when it gets sloppy.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Is the Magic Mary 2.35 front and High Roller 2.3 rear worn out or don’t you like them?

pickle
    Free Member

If they’re not worn out I’d say what you have already is great

Kamakazie

Oldtalent: How do you find the Breakout? Ridden it much in the wet?

OP: That’s already a pretty good combo. The MM is probably the most popular front tyre at the moment.
    There are so many options though if you want to try something different, especially now the likes of Bontrager and Specialized make good alternatives.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Oldtalent: How do you find the Breakout? Ridden it much in the wet

Ha no if its wet I try to avoid riding & ive only had it a few weeks. However in rim deep dust at the weekend it was superb. Its like a maxxis aggressor but slightly knobblier. I went heavy/fast at the back where a dd aggressor would cost nearly £50 this was £32.
    The vigilante at the front is between a hans & mary in knob size & was significantly grippier than the hans it replaced.

Kamakazie

Thanks. Was looking for a tough rear tyre to replace the Hans I use in winter but think it will end up being an option for summer once my XR3 wears out.
    The price is a big draw!

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

Is the Magic Mary 2.35 front and High Roller 2.3 rear worn out or don’t you like them?

They are almost worn out, will keep them a few more rides.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tires for Surrey Hills and 25-30mm ID rim?’ is closed to new replies.