Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tips for tough tyre/rim removal combinations?
  • robbo1234biking

Has anyone got any tips for those really tough rim/tyre combinations that just wont go on/off? I just snapped one plastic lever and the other two look a little worse for wear! There must be an easier way or do I need to splash out on some lsightly better tyre levers?! Cheers

thomthumb
    Free Member

pull the tyre bead into the centre of the rim well. pull all the slack around to one end, take it off.

tyre levers not needed for 90% of tyres if you do it this way.

mattsccm
    Free Member

You can do a mx tyre with two 6″ levers by making sure that the tyre drops into the rim on both sides then taking small bites with the levers. Old fashioned steel levers, you know the thin curvy ones are great with something to protect the rim.

coatesy
    Free Member

Start removal nearest the valve, start fitting opposite the valve.If you do it the other way the valve stops the tyre dropping fully into the well of the rim, thus limiting the amount of slack you have to work with.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Its not a ritchey ocr is it? Bastard things they were, used to square of about 3/4’s of the way around the wheel

z1ppy
    lucky
    Free Member

Watch Chipp’s tyre removal video ; never had to use a tyre lever since i watched it !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tips for tough tyre/rim removal combinations?’ is closed to new replies.