Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tips for Sufferfest Newbie
  • mattjg
    Free Member

I’m doing some turbo ‘fests while nursing a shoulder injury.

In real life I’m more a slow cadence masher rather than a spinner (and spend a fair bit of time on SS).

I’m find it hard to match both the ‘fest cadences and effort levels simultaneously. I can do one or the other but not both.

Obviously this will change with practice and better fitness, but what’s the best way to get there? Match the cadence and work on the effort, or match the effort and work on the cadence?

Any other tips?

Other vids apart from ‘fest?

Thanks.

beej

Is it that it’s too hard to match the cadence, so you are putting in too much effort to get to 90rpm or whatever?

If so – use lower gears so you are doing less effort for the cadence? If you are finding it too easy at that cadence, then move up a gear.

mattjg
    Free Member

Well it’s that I’m not used to fast cadence and my fitness is lacking, also due to injury I’m mostly sat up not hands on bars.

You’re saying match cadence and power will come, that makes sense to me.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

If you want to improve cadence try their ‘Elements of Style’ video. I’ve found by doing that a couple of times I can spin faster without rocking in the saddle. As a workout its pretty tame but really good for getting you to do the ‘systems check’ in your head re position and technique. Money well spent for me.

Definitely cadence first power second.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tips for Sufferfest Newbie’ is closed to new replies.