Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tips for flogging concert tickets
  • charliemort

Morning

Somehow (long story, full of various levels of teenage angst and trauma) we have ended up with 7 one bleeding direction tickets to sell, for next feb. trouble is, they are single seats

They are on seat wave at the moment, one has sold but others aren’t shifting.

What’s the best strategy? Drop price to get rid of now, or is demand likely to increase nearer the time? Any other decent web sites?

Don’t have the physical ticket yet so guess eBay not good option

Just looking to cover cost really

Cheers – in anticipation of mucho abuse!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I always used to sell spares outside the gig.

Once got £10 for a £2.75 Iron Maiden ticket – and I was only an ‘ickle 14 yr old at he time.

Muke
    Free Member

I’ve started to sell stuff using Gumtree.com So far has been a lot less hassle than Fleabay and no fees either.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benslow
    Free Member

Ebay is fine, just say you’ll send on when tickets in hand.

Its expected.

Cougar

I always used to sell spares outside the gig.

I went to a Terrorvision gig in, ah, Bolton I think, not so long back. Had a spare ticket as one of our party couldn’t make it. Chanced my arm for a refund at the box office (who were still selling tickets) and got told no. So I sold it outside the venue for face value to a passing punter.

Went to go in and got taken to one side by a bouncer who was all for not letting me in because he’d just seen me selling the ticket outside. I put on my best “I’m very sorry and I didn’t know any better and I’ll never do it again” and he relented, but I think perhaps it was me being utterly stunned that it’d be a problem which swung it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Scarlet mist?

bawbag
    Free Member

Agree, I’ve used Scarletmist.com a few times and had no problems.

charliemort

@ richpenny

I think “scarlet mist”‘ was pretty much the state of mind that lead to them being bought in the first place!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tips for flogging concert tickets’ is closed to new replies.