Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tipping the Postman/woman at Xmas
  • carlos
    Free Member

Just be careful what you tip this year or you could be classed as bribing them to deliver you post before your neighbours!!!! WTF?????

Who the hell tips the Postie £30

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/04/royal-mail-postmen-bribe_n_1127777.html

Stoner
    Free Member

too bloody right! They should be damn grateful they have a job!

amplebrew

I tip our postie at Christmas.

He goes out of his way and has been known to deliver on bank holidays and late on if there is a back log.

He’s a really nice fella who is always good for a chat and he’ll recognise things like the curtains being closed during the day and not knock as he realises I’m on nights etc

I can also tell him if I’m expecting a parcel and he’ll keep a look out for it and make sure it doesn’t sit around the sorting office.

Jamie
    Free Member

They could possibly pool the tips to fix their website, which has been knackered for a while now.

*walks off muttering about which genius thought it was a good idea to move platforms just before xmas and then manage to screw it up*

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Our postie easily save us more than that each year by leaving parcels in a safe place so we don’t have to travel into town to the main sorting office. Well worth it and he’s a top bloke. I guss it depends where you live as to whether you know your postie or not…

instanthit
    Free Member

Tried to tip our ex postman last year, he said he liked his job too much to accept money, but he liked kit kats. Sadly for him so did I!!!

scaredypants

our posties are great (regular and her cover)

well worth a few quid per year in tips

craigxxl
    Free Member

Ours is useless with days without a delivery, parcels not delivered even when someone at home and having to picked up from the post office 48 hours later so no tip for him. A few years ago we had really good postmen and they did get a tip of a small gift.

Edric64
    Free Member

Mine are great leave stuff hidden or take it to my mums instead even told me where a misdelivered courier parcel was

crikey
    Free Member

[*]I’m secretly in love with my post lady. She’s lovely and wears Doc Martens and shorts in the summer, and has an ever changing colour hairstyle; its a blonde mohican at the mo.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Our postie has been re-delivering stuff addressed to our old house (in the same village) and is also great at leaving packages in a safe place.

We were going to give him £20. Is that about right?

Woody
    Free Member

£20 😯

I’m all for tipping if he/she has been helpful, problem is, for the past year it seems to be a different one every month, so I don’t know him.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Just thought he deserved a “bonus” for being extra-helpful.
    Doubt his employers know he’s done anything special.

Cougar

I’m liking the Kit-Kat idea. I think I’ll stick a catering pack of Mars bars out for Christmas deliverists.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I gave my old postie a couple of beers last time, cos he’s a decent bloke and did his job really well. This year my postlady will get something, as will the bloke who cleans our stairs and hallways. Takeaway deliver bods always get a tip anyway poor sods crap job have to deal with tossers, crap pay out all hours in all weathers.

Basically, imagine yourself in their position, and how chuffed you’d be to receive a bit of kindness off someone. It don’t take much effort, does it?

Woody
    Free Member

FeeFoo

I suppose that is reasonable if he has been very helpful. I used to give my old one a tenner as he did the same thing. Wouldn’t work where I live now – no such thing as a ‘safe’ place.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Ha, that reminds me of a time my already socially awkward brother tried to tip a takeaway delivery guy – the total had come to £19.80 and my brother, not sure what to do, gave him a twenty, blurted out ‘keep the change’ and closed the door.
    His mates found this rather funny and must have embarrassed him enough that soon after he walked down to the takeaway, apologised, and handed the guy a whole tenner!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have tipped our postie. decent chap who uses his nous as to whether to leave parcels at the door. Also his round has loads of stairs on it – 8 x 80 stairs just on my block and he has to climb each stair

totalshell

our posties change daily.. i aint tipping folk for doing thier job and the teacher wont be getting any Quality street either this year.. kids cant have sweets at school anymore so teacher will be leading by example..i know she ll appreciate it.

jota180
    Free Member

Postie gets a bottle, bin men get a case of beer, Doctors, dentist and vets get a tin of biscuits

Never have any issues getting stuff delivered, collected or getting appointments 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tipping the Postman/woman at Xmas’ is closed to new replies.