Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tiny pin
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

you know that fiddly tiny pin on the hope tech x2 brake pads..well mines seems to have fallen out….will the bar hold the pads in ok ? or shud i try to get another pin from somewhere… 😉

duntstick
    Free Member

I use a dinky little safety pin on mine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

the R clip is belt and braces. Even had a pin come loose and be saved by the R clip on the end? If so, you need it. If not, don’t lose any sleep.

elaineanne
    Free Member

so will it be ok ? lol..it cud have been missing a while who knows.searched my spares..i have the 2 spare bars and the spider thing thats holds pad together bit no spare pin….they are sods them little pins… 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’re worried, a bit of fuse wire would do the trick but in reality, I’ve never had one of those come loose so the R clip (wiggle wire thing) is surplus to requirements.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

If you are worried, just buy a set of genuine Hope pads, you will need them eventually anyway, they come with spare pins and retention bars.

mrh86

I lost the pins on my brakes the day I fitted them. Been using them fine without for a few months now.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ive never had a pin come loose. I usually have the opposite problem.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I would have worried about it on the old Mono Mini’s but the X2 pins screw in so I wouldn’t worry. If you really want belt and braces use any old bit of wire

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep i,ll use wire in future if lost pins !…but hey i found a spare pin on the floor ! problem sorted 😉

momo

I’ve lost them in the past and used fuse wire to secure the pins.

Waderider
    Free Member

It may be belt and braces, but that is what a safety critical system requires. As mentioned, just replace with a bit of fuse wire.

When replacing worn brake pads (or bike bits in general) it’s always worth retaining such bits for this sort of scenario.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tiny pin’ is closed to new replies.