Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tinkering minutes before a ride.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

When will I ever learn? never never ever muck about as youre about to leave.
    Decided to swap my front tyre for a Mud X for last nights rainfest, put it on only to find it was punctured in the actual knobly. Took it off and replaced the older tubeless tyre only to find that now had a small puncture! I'd not used any levers and the tubeless slime wasn't doing it's job. Took that off and put in a tube with the Mud X, sorted. Then I find my front disc is rubbing big time, again I'd not touched a thing. Left it as long as I could but in the end I had to go out with a badly seated front tyre and a rubbing disc. Post tinker all was tickety boo.
    The ride however was briliant even though it was hooning down.

ourmaninthenorth

That, oldgit, is because you were on a MTB. It's the law: you may noit ride your bike until you have faffed with it until the last possible moment.

You should have taken the road bike out instead….

taka
    Free Member

i was building my bike 15mins before we left to go on a biking holiday in the alps 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah talking of riding road bikes in storms. Whats the score with carbon frames and lightning?

ourmaninthenorth

Ah talking of riding road bikes in storms. Whats the score with carbon frames and lightning?

No idea. And no, I'm not going to find out..!

cp

what might be the issue with riding carbon bikes in a storm????

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I would expect it is not an issue. Your rain soaked body will form a serviceable Faraday cage thereby saving your bike from damage. Nothing to worry aboout.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tinkering minutes before a ride.’ is closed to new replies.