Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Time Z Strong pedals
  • bluebird
    Free Member

After a pedal ruining service of my Mallet 1 pedals (needle race disintegrated whilst prising it out with a screw driver) I’m looking at these as a replacement.

Anybody use them? Good/Bad?

Thanks

Junkyard
    Free Member

got the freeride Z control which is basically the same thing what do you want to know?
    Work well no issues in 4 years use

FieldMarshall

Swapped from Mallets to Time Z a few years back after getting fed up with constantly having to service them and/or having failures on the trail.

Time Z’s have been faultless. Now have a four sets, one on each bike.

bluebird
    Free Member

Well on a survey or 2 they sound great.

what do you want to know?

How long between services?
    Easy to service?
    Easy to get in/out of (relative to Mallets)?

Junkyard
    Free Member

service you have to service pedals 😯 . Never done mine and they will all be on thousands of miles by now I assume the oldest on the road/commute bike will be over 10,000 by now
    I dont honestly know I have never needed to service any of mine but i believe it can be done
    Never used mallets but they are very easy to clip into to and the platform means even if you miss you can still pedal with the platform
    I have used mine for short rides with the kids to the park [ where we will play footie ] without cleats without issue but I would nto want to ride miles and mile slike this

scruff
    Free Member

Yes they are quite robust, I’ve had 3 pairs. The ‘bars’ which hold the springs came out of mine after 3+ years, I flattened them off and hamered them back in. I also had a body come clean off the axle but it was easily fixed.

kiwijohn

My Z Controls are are on their third bike since 03.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Time Z Strong pedals’ is closed to new replies.