Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Might be time to upgrade my noise cans
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I currently have a pair of these,

QC2. They’re excellent. There’s nothing wrong with them. However….Mrs CFH has suggested that she’d like a pair of her own, and has suggested that I give her mine and get myself a new pair.

So, is there anything newer that’s better? Budget not an issue, but I don’t need diamond and gold versions! Lots of long haul flying, so battery life is as important as good sound.

TIA.

windyg
    Free Member

I use these https://www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_uk_en/headphones/bluetooth/major-ii-bluetooth

Not sure how they compare with what you have.

I have a set of cheaper Major II Black’s as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, but don’t think those are noise cancelling (Unless I’m being more than usually dim!)

Being Marshall, though, do they at least go up to eleven? 🙂

muggomagic

I was looking at the plantronics backbeat pro which gets good reviews for sound quality and apparently has 24hr battery life. Not the prettiest though.

Techradar review

Also looked at the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones but they were more than I want to spend with the plantronics now going for around £100.

neilnevill
    Free Member

for noise cancelling the bose can’t be beaten. Personally i also find them comfy and liked the sound (original QCs here….just about still clinging to life). However they are NOT the ultimate in sound. For long haul….stick to the Bose

rmacattack
    Free Member

when i was looking a while ago i heard of this brand. i dont own a set of these but heard good things.

[/url]

willard

Haven’t Bose just released a new pair of over-ear QC’s? Go for them, the review I saw said they were pretty good (and cordless).

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you like the Bose get another pair. I have Sennheiser noise cancelling ones, happy enough with them can’t say they are stellar

Edukator
    Free Member

If you really like the sound which you seem to there’s not much reason to change, and if you do there’s only one way to choose cans – listen to them.

I tried all the closed headphones FNAC had on display this afternoon except the Bose (don’t ask 😉 ). I liked some Audio Technica, some cheap Philips were remarkably similar, the Sony had lots of (too much) bass, the Marshals really did sound like cans (a bit like a cheap Fender guitar amp). I’d like to try AKG 550s before handing over my cash (they have cables so not for you). Anyhow, they all colour the sound one way or another so you have to listen and decide which colour you like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Again, not looking for closed headphones, but proper noise cancelling ones.

The Sennheiser ones look interesting.

Just had a look at Sony’s website. Seemed to be waffling on more about how they looked than how they sound. They’re off the list!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Might be time to upgrade my noise cans’ is closed to new replies.