Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Time to step aside (lfc content)
  • higgo
    Free Member

I live in London, but I'm just as passionate as any LFC lives-5-minutes-from-the-ground fan.

Passionate enough to get on a train?

trailmonkey

I live in London, but I'm just as passionate as any LFC lives-5-minutes-from-the-ground fan.

I feel a bit sorry for the TV fan, having to spend the rest of their days trying to prove or justify their loyalty and passion. However in this case I'm prepared to believe it. There isn't a huge amount of passion at Anfield in my experience. I've been there as an away fan and the only time you heard a peep out of them was when they scored. I found OT much more intimidating and Anfield was no where near as passionate as places like Tottenham (truly scary) or even Everton as a closer geographical example.

It was a real let down.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbh I don't really care who we do get as long as they are good. Though I have an opinion on who I don't want. And tbh talkemada, I am from Liverpool and live 4 miles from the ground, if all supporters supported their hometown clubs then so many of the smaller lower league teams would nor be in the trouble they are in. Same goes for the players, clubs originally served their communities, so why no take players primarily from that community. I don't want or care for fans who live in London, Devon or wherever, most people who live in this city are very poor and cannot afford to go to the game and I passionately believe this is absolutely wrong. I reckon many proper mancunians would feel the same way. Football is completely f*cked up, but as I said before, I am involved, for better or worse. I am obviously just an old fart who is out of step, but I can categorically tell you that many in this city feel the same way.

Although an abramovic figure would be great for investment, I don't want it, as I said before, it just perpetuates the problem.

mike_check
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

Tbh what football needs is to get back to basics and at least 6 first team players should have been born within 20 miles of the ground

What? Like the 86 double winning side?

Grobbelaar (Zimbabwe)
    Nicol(Scotland)
    Gillespie (Scotland)
    Hansen(Scotland)
    Beglin(Ireland)
    Johnston(Austrailia)
    Whelan(Ireland)
    Lawrenson(Ireland though born in England?)
    Molby(Denmark)
    Rush(Wales)
    Dalglish(Scotland)

While many in the city may feel the same way, many don't. I have family and freinds up there and whenever I've been up, for football or social, it's been a very welcoming place.

Not everybody has ties to a geographical boundary, otherwise I wouldn't be here supporting Liverpool, my mother would be on a farm in Scotland and my dad wandering around Romford somewhere.

loddrik
    Free Member

I am glad for your 'ties'. The above were great players, but it would have been even better with a team full of scousers. You cannot tell me that a villa fan would not prefer a team full of brummies, or Newcastle of Geordies etc. This is just my football utopia, I don't really care if other people subscribe to it or not.

The fact is it will never come to fruition.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Can't be fussed to google it…

Neither can I but the stats are out there.

😆

There isn't a huge amount of passion at Anfield in my experience.

😆

You guys, you crack me up!

I remember being stuck in with the home fans during an Arse v Liverpool game many, many years ago. Throughout the entire game, you could hear the few thousand travelling Liverpool fans over the Arse.

Highbury the Library…. 😀

mike_check
    Free Member

I find that a bit of an odd mindset when the clubs great legacy was built on bringing the best players, and lets not forget the greatest managers, from all over Britain, and later the world, together to create the greatest Football Club in Britain, and one of the greatest in the whole world.

Not to mention a great city built from a port and its associated trade.

Anyway, not really worth an argument, you have your views, others have other views, diverse place this world thing I guess 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Time to step aside (lfc content)’ is closed to new replies.