Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Time to give something back..
  • barrytheflea
    Free Member

I’ve been a lurker on here for a while, reading almost everything whilst bored at work. You’ve also occasionally helped me with technical problems I’ve had.

I feel it’s time to give something back…

If you put a squirt of antiseptic mouthwash in your hydration reservoir when not in use you’ll stop black fur and beasties growing in it and the water will taste minty fresh next time you use it.

There you are, you might all do this already. Any more tips?

scandal42
    Free Member

Nice

Oh, welcome.

rene59
    Free Member

Any more tips?

Don’t pick your nose whilst driving over speed bumps.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thanks, will try that. Don’t generally enjoy fungal lumps unless in soup.

Here’s mine: Don’t eat bread and meat most of the time. Eat mostly veg and pulses, with meat and bread some of the time. Health will improve. A lot.

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t invade foreign countries. Don’t privatise utilities and transport networks.

matt_outandabout

If you put a squirt of antiseptic mouthwash in your hydration reservoir when not in use you’ll stop black fur and beasties growing in it and the water will taste minty fresh next time you use it.

Just store them in the freezer.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When you’re over 75, don’t try to put your socks on whilst standing up.

fasthaggis

OP
    Well done for coming out 😛

Here was me thinking that this thread was going to be about marshaling on some god forsaken corner for 4 hours,or making sure that everyone has good food and drink at the end of an event ,or helping newbies (young and old) get in to cycling .

Ah well 😉

scotroutes

One for fasthaggis; check what forum a post is in so you’ll know whether or not to expect cycling content 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

bored at work

Here goes the rest of Friday…..

You’re welcome.

bearnecessities

😀

mcobie
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member

bored at work

Here goes the rest of Friday…..

You’re welcome.

Damn you *shakes fist* That’s my productivity out the window 😆

GrahamS

Milton Sterilising tablets are good for washing out hydration bladders too.
    (If you prefer “baby’s dummy” flavour to mouthwash spearmint)

But yeah, just store them in the freezer to prevent the dreaded black gunk

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Don’t pick your nose whilst driving over speed bumps.

..or after chopping chillies

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Freezer for me, Had the same hydration bladder for ten years, no mold or funny taste. Although this might be because I only ever use plain water in it though.

Stoner
    Free Member

while I was tinkering, I’ve made an adaptation to the mower deck…

I’d seen this before on an Izzy mower I think, as a feature, and read about others implementing it on their own machines. Simple enough to do. I had a hozelock style tank connector lying around, find a suitable bit of the deck and drill a hole to fit.

Connect the hose and run it while the blade is spinning to give the deck a quick wash after use. Works a treat.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Thanks op, very useful. I degunked mine yesterday.
    I dont have a freezer or any mouthwash, but it will be cheaper & easier to purchase the latter.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I’ll try that on my electric mower, should liven things up a bit…

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Right then..just to get into the spirit here is my contribution….

Last week I was trying to get hold of an actual person at the DVLA to speak to. No mater which option I chose I was always sent around in circles which would end with a recorded answer which was of zero use. I then decided to try and e-mail them…no luck there either, they don’t do emails!

So, I just happened to mention this to one of the guys at work. “ah, that’s simple just press “#” six times to confuse the automated system, you’ll get straight through…” So off I went, did as instructed, rang three times and a very helpful bloke in Swansea answered the phone! Best of all I’m told the same trick works with quite a few of these awful automated systems!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Time to give something back..’ is closed to new replies.