• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Time Roc – is the S worth £20?
  • akscooby
    Free Member

Was thinking about getting some road shoes and pedals but I am not that serious on the road bike and think I would be better served getting a good pair or MTB shoes (Specy BG Comp) and another set of time pedals for the road bike.

Need to double check what is on the MTB but think it will be normal ATACs of some description.

Now looking at the ATAC ROC for the bigger platform and generally better reviews and once purchased will put the lesser pedal on the road bike.

Roc – £44, Roc S £64 – What is the advantage of the S and is it worth the extra twenty quid?

Opinions please?

akscooby
    Free Member

ANyone even clarify what the difference is?

mtbfix

S looks a bit nicer and probably has better materials but the Time website is not very helpful.

Del

the roc s has release tension adjustment IIRC – not worth it. i have roc s, aliums and z freeride ( i think ). if you’re getting a decently supportive shoe just stick with aliums. they’re more secure than rocs IMHO and cheaper to boot.

iainc

I have ROC S on the 2 mtb’s and the cx bike – they are a litle lighter (Differnet axle body I think) otherwise not much difference. I use them with Spesh BG Comps.

On the road bike I use Time RXS First road pedals and Spesh BG Comp road shoes – night and day for stiffness/comfort/hot spots over a 3 or 4 hr road ride compared to same ride on cx with slicks and the mtb foot/pedal setup….

I realise this hasn’t helped 😆

akscooby
    Free Member

mm.. I just bought the comp MTB shoes to use for both bikes since I read most people not rating that much difference.. now worried I may have made a mistake..

Have aliums on the MTB (checked that last night) but they are not much cheaper than the ROC if I can even find them in stock anywhere.

Sounds like the ROC @ £44 will be just fine for me tho have got the S down to £62 now!

IHN

Was thinking about getting some road shoes and pedals but I am not that serious on the road bike and think I would be better served getting a good pair or MTB shoes (Specy BG Comp) and another set of time pedals for the road bike.

This is what I do, you’ll be fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Time Roc – is the S worth £20?’ is closed to new replies.