Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Time for new Rims – advice / feedback please ?
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Time for new rims after I noticed a few cracks spreading out from the spokes, hubs are fine so it’s a case of making a rim selection and getting the wheels rebuild.

After a quick look at CRC I think I’m looking mid range as I’m never going to throw myself down the alps or do big jumps.

Mavic rims that look about right are EN321, EX325, EX319, XM819.
    I tend to run 2.1 to 2.5 inch tyres. 26″ wheels
    So if anyone has some real life advice feedback on these that would be appreciated.

All come in about the £26 / £27 mark so if you would like to donate a discount off £50 purchase that would be great !

andysredmini
    Free Member

Check how many spokes you have first as the 819’s on crc last time I looked were only 28 hole.
    Great rims though. UST so tubeless is really easy especially when mated to ust tyres.

Andy

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Hubs are 32 spoke.

Just checked CRC and you are right 28 hole only although the Mavic website suggests you can get 32 hole XM819s.

Probably explains the 57% price reduction !
    Thanks for the tip.

legend
    Free Member

I’ve got 32 hole 819s so they definitely do exist. I prefer a bit of a wider rim for bigger tyres though. Might just be from riding wide DH rims for a long time, but I prefer a squarer tyre profile

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Have a look at the Sunn Ringle Inferno 27s. I’ve been running a pair for the last 2 years and I have to say they have been bomb proof! It’s very rocky here in Mallorca and apart from a few dings and scratches from rocks being kicked up into the wheels, there is no damage to the bead and I haven’t had to true them once since I built them up! FYI mine are the welded joint. I think they are the same as the Nukeproof Generator rims.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Time for new Rims – advice / feedback please ?’ is closed to new replies.