Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tiling costs
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I have a small area that needs tiling, about 3m2, onto concrete. 30×30 tiles.

After an idea of how much this would be likely to cost. Cheltenham if this helps as I guess region does affect the price.

Would be happy to have a go at doing myself, but by the time I acquire the kit I suspect it won’t save me much money and the finish…

If anyone has any recommendations all the better.

BigJohn
    mrmo
    Free Member

Thanks, so I am looking at a bit over £100.

Which by the time I spend the money on bits, isn’t really a great deal more.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

May cost a bit more than £100, as will probably take a couple of visits, one to tile, and one to grout. Unless your are completely useless at DIY, and there are no awkward shapes to go around, I’d say give it a go yourself. There is always something satisfying about having done it yourself.

nealglover
    Free Member

My tiler charges £35/m2 and that includes all materials (not tiles)

He’s brilliant at what he does, I could pay less but I wouldn’t risk it again as I’ve had some shocking jobs done by supposed professionals in the past.

mrmo
    Free Member

thomasgeorge, I understand where your coming from, but by the time I get hold of adhesive, trowels, tile cutters etc etc.

trying to get an idea of how much it will really cost to get someone in as opposed to how much it will cost me to do it.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Bet you’d be quoted more than £100 unless the tiler’s going to use rapid set adhesive and hang around for three hours to grout it. Even then, it sounds cheap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tiling costs’ is closed to new replies.