Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • tilgate xc singletrack?
  • themyers
    Free Member

I am over right near Tilgate next week for work – I am looking for some fun singletrack (nothing too gnarly) – is the singletrack easy to find and is it seperate from the ride tilgate stuff that seems to be more developed down hill (as far as i can tell from the website)?

Cheers

mikey74
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m involved in the building at Tilgate so I am familiar with the place. There isn’t really any designated mtb singletrack there, other than the ride Tilgate stuff. It is more of a case of just ride around the fire roads and head off down anything that looks interesting. It isn’t that big so getting lost isn’t an issue.

For your information, the ride Tilgate dh stuff is all either rollable, or ridearoundable (?), and is the most fun to be had there.

Head down Parish Lane and park up by a metal gate on the left – it’s one of those single bar gates- and that’s also where you’ll find the ride Tilgate signboard. You will find other stuff to ride there as well.

Hope that helps.

belugabob
    Free Member

Despite Tilgate being a relatively small area, there is a surprising amount of singletrack in there – and you can get lost for a short while.

It’s quite tricky to explain where most of the trails are – even we keep finding new stuff.
    The simplest way to go is find the fire road at the bottom of tge SH tracks, the follow it with the SH tracks on your left. About 50 yards after the hairpin, turn left, across the small bridge, up the bank, then turn left. From here, It’s simply a matter of following the trail, with the only navigation point being just as the trail starts to widen out, take a left up the steep bank.

If you follow this correctly ( or miss it and stay on the fire road) you’ll end up near a motorway bridge. Don’t go over it, but go down the steep hill and back up the (just as steep) other side, then turn right and follow the power lines back to Parish Lane.

There is lots more in there, but you really need somebody to guide you.

Enjoy it – we do.

themyers
    Free Member

cheers thanks for the replies:)

belugabob – is this startpoint the same as the one mikey74 said?

ta:)

belugabob
    Free Member

@themyers
    That’s right – parish lane, down a dh run, turn left then follow my instructions.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Drop me a line if you want showing round.
    Grant

yoeddygrant@hotmail.co.uk

themyers
    Free Member

cheers yogrant – not sure what time at the mo but if i do will give you a shout:)

themyers
    Free Member

thanks for the tips – I made it to tilgate, nice and slippy on those downhills and spent most of my time on some nice singletrack out the back by the fields over the wooden bridge and up the hill!

someone there told me there were other trails on the other side so be keen to explore next time (hopefully when its a bit drier!)

cheers again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘tilgate xc singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.