Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tignes Holiday Tips?
  • ready

Off to Tignes next week with the family (me, wife, 2 sons 14 & 16) Has anyone been? Any “must do’s” or “must don’ts”, places to visit nearby etc

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Its been a long time since I stayed in tignes, but:

Val D’Isere is lovely and worth a day trip.
    Gracia is nice in summer.
    A lot of the high level places look like the moon.

ransos
    Free Member

Off to Tignes next week with the family (me, wife, 2 sons 14 & 16) Has anyone been? Any “must do’s” or “must don’ts”, places to visit nearby etc

If you’re planning to ski, get up there as early as you can. The snow turns to slush by mid morning.

2tyred

Assume you’re getting the SporTignes card? Getting to do all the water-based stuff (in particular) for free is ace, so much to choose from. The mini golf is ideal for a bitter sibling-fight.

Buy your bread in Chalet de Pain, across from the pump track. Mmmm.

Nice walk down to the gouille de salin(sp?) waterfall from la Lavachet. Also good is taking the Palaour chair up, kite-flying and a long meandering walk down.

Not sure how much bike riding you’re planning – there’s loads of nice mellow stuff in the woods down at Bourg if the steep roads and trails don’t suit everyone.

We had a brilliant time there two years ago, despite the kids being slightly too young to get the most out of it – sadly Mrs Tyred vetoed the drive this year, so next year’s a stick-on.

Enjoy!

ready

Excellent, thanks for that. 2tyred – we’re going with Alpine Elements so we have loads of activities free in the package, along with free bike (hardtail) hire. Going to try and get them all out on some full bounce bikes at some point though!

fletch71
    Free Member

Whitewater rafting or body boarding down the isere is a giggle. Archery, shooting and a firm favourite of my other half was horse riding.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Blast down from the top all the wY to Val D’Isere on the greens and blues. Not a breaking bump in sight. Think it’s about 10km with >1km drop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tignes Holiday Tips?’ is closed to new replies.