Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tied Cottage
  • luke
    Free Member

I’ve just been sent an email about a job that would be on my list of ideal jobs, now I’m not expecting the job to be advertised too widely more of a word of mouth filled vacancy and am seriously considering applying.
    The main point i’m currently not sure of is it’s a live in position, with a cottage, I currently only live a couple of miles away but they want someone to live on site.
    What are the positives and negatives with tied houses? other than the saving a load of money on rent, and always being on site?
    Do you currently live in a tied property or have a live in job? would you reccomend it?
    I used to work in pub management and had to have certain shifts where I stayed over at the pub, which used to grate on me, but this job is less restrictive than being stuck between 4 walls 24 hours a day like the pub, plus the family would be with me.

wwaswas

negatives with tied houses

no job = noo home is the biggest one.

often salaries are less to take account of benefit of house and I’m not sure of the tax implications of having the ‘benefit’ of a company house?

luke
    Free Member

I hadn’t even thought about tax implications.
    The salary is very competitive but with the addition of the house.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tied Cottage’ is closed to new replies.