Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tie me kangaroo down, sport…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grVEgLhLl_Q[/video]

Sauce – Apologies if bindun.

ElShalimo

Bejasus – that must have really hurt

stevego
    Free Member

We see them all the time out here. A few local riders have hit them with serious results. If they are on the verge of the road and see you coming, they wait till the last minute, then panic and hop onto the road, often sliding sideways as they hit the tarmac and have no grip.
    I jus8t missed one recently when I was out on the roadie. It had seen me, was standing by the side of the road, decided to hop out at the last minute. I was coming down a hill, missed it by centimetres, a real brown trouser moment.
    Wombats tend to be more of a problem for mountain bikers, picture hitting a foot sized boulder suddenly without warning. They seem to amble out of the undergrowth when they see lights and hitting them as as much effect on them as hitting the boulder.

matt_outandabout

Nice cycle lane! Smooth, wide, separation….

fangin
    Free Member

This video has been a moment of ‘aahhhhhhh!’ for me. I live nearby, and sometimes commute (by car) on that very road.

Anyway, I’ve spent the last year wondering what it was that knocked me off my bike on my way home back in late 2013. I still have no recollection of what happened as I bumped my head, a lot. The motorist that found me had been following at a distance when I crashed and hadn’t seen evidence of another car being involved.

Colliding with a kangaroo in that same way, from the other side, explains very well the pattern of my injuries – they match this poor cyclist’s rather well. And the quiet route I ride home has kangaroos everywhere on dusk.

Ahhhhhhhh

More details:
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/cyclist-crashes-into-kangaroo-on-canberra-road-20150121-12uwe6.html

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Why can’t people just edit the boring stuff out of their videos?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tie me kangaroo down, sport…..’ is closed to new replies.