Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ti Rotor bolts
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Threadlock or just a dab of bike grease when installing them to new wheels?

CHB

Copperslip is what I would use.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Ti prep (like copperslip but silver), but I’d stick with High Tensile Steel bolts in the first place 🙄

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I bought some ti bolts. Using a Torx screwdriver, the first one snapped its head with no effort. I decided steel was the future for these. i use them on bottle cage bolts and the like , where life wouldnt be risked. They were from a reputable supply.

honourablegeorge

I have a couple of bags of Hope Ti rotor bolts that I never got around to fitting.

How many gs would I save fitting them?

khani
    Free Member

Life is will be too short with ti rotor bolts..
    Take the empty crisp packet out of your camelback if you want to save a nats bollocks worth of weight..

messiah
    Free Member

Some of the Ti bolts I’ve seen have really shallow Torx heads which makes torqueing them up difficult, and removing them extremely awkward if they have been rounded off.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Hmm these are from Taiwan. I guess there’s good and bad titanium then. Wasn’t really ar5ed about shaving grammes off just needed some new bolts and thought, what the heck?

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Had ti bolts fitted for years without trouble. Had one round off, fixed by bashing a torx head into the allen head & removed (I have had steel bolts seize / round too). I now ensure a good smearing of Finish Line ti prep – I bought a big tin & it should last me forever. Have had British & cheap ebay far eastern rotor bolts, all fitted & running without trouble – the one that rounded was a British manufacturer who sells lots of motorbike bolts, but does a fair range of alu & ti bolts. It is the only bolt from them I’ve had a problem with though, so maybe I was just a little ham-fisted on that occasion?

FOG

I have had Ti bolts that are on possibly their 4th wheel and have been removed with no problems. I did make sure they were well coated in copaslip when first assembled and chose the ones with allen heads.

Northwind

I use ti rotor bolts, the weight difference is bugger all but I like ti bolts, they’re jewellery for bikes. Never had a problem with any quality ones, in fact half of mine now are inexpensive ebay ones. Did have one set of 6 that had too-tight torqs, T25 wouldn’t sit into them properly- potential for lots of long term hassle there, I just sent them back.

Trimix
    Free Member

Remember: 3g = 1 Malteser.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ti Rotor bolts’ is closed to new replies.