Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Ti-curious
  • cinnamon_girl

I wasn't aware it was a legal requirement to change your bike every few years even if you're happy with it and it isn't broken…

Oh, I thought you had to do that to fit in around here?

druid – disappointment cos that's one nice looking bike!

cinnamon_girl

Really???

batman11
    Free Member

Hi guys just mt thoughts.
    Well i had a ti frame (dekerf implant) great bike shame about the makers and there finishing details(another story). Now im riding a steel frame there really is no comparision ti all the way the ping you get of a ti frame on the down hills and the speed you can carry is crazy!! But next time it would be made to measure and in this country gonna take so chances looking into geometry,toptube length etc and 140mm travel but gonna be done all the same. been looking at these guys in east sussex http://www.enigmabikes.com/ego.html looking at the web site it is around an extra £125 in the steel frame anyway for a custome frame and i believe they build there frames on site now too.
    Bat.

jedi

i have had my hummer since 02/03 and ride it off everything still.
    16ft drop at the old pitch hill shore is the biggest i have done on it.
    i simply love the bike

Swayndo
    Free Member

If you like the PAs geometry you may like the lovely Morning Glory I have spare. Mail me if you are interested.

dyna-ti

I have Ti,but see to be honest,i'd prefer steel.I've ridden steel all my riding days and i feel ti is brittle.
    Mad though i know,its more flexible than brittle,but i cant get those 'is this safe to thrash' thoughts out my head.
    Maybe i havent ridden it enough offroad to give me that confidence 😕

iamsporticus
    Free Member

There must be a test somewhere online comparing steel and Ti versions of essentially the same frame
    456 vs Ti
    Handjob vs Hummer
    Etc

Any ideas where to look?

br
    Free Member

There must be a test somewhere online comparing steel and Ti versions of essentially the same frame
    456 vs Ti

Didn't you read my 'test', thought I'd laid it out pretty well!

I've a 456Ti also, which TBH is not 4 times better than my previous steel 456 – but it's a kilogram lighter, for the same fun.

For context: I did 1700 miles on my steel 456 and so far 500 miles on my 456Ti, same build for both – everything from trailriding, trail centres, Enduro's to heavier stuff in The Peaks etc. Running 2 forks (Reba 120mm and 36 talas).

bobster
    Free Member

al_f – Member
    bobster – Member
    UNTIL – It broke.
    How in the name of all that's holy did you manage to break a Hummer? Jedi used to do 10ft+ drops on his IIRC!

Ahem, something to do with the 08 version 😉

Another broke same way 2 weeks later…. 😯

hummerlicious
    Free Member

However Bob, mine is still in one piece 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

Swayndo – YGM

druidh – which carbon blur do you have? Mine's a LTc…there's enough room in my life/garage for a nice hardtail too 🙂

Thanks all for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming, and I'm amazed nobody's shown off a pic yet!

cinnamon_girl

pedalhead
    Free Member

ah that's more like it. Lovely 🙂

cinnamon_girl

pedalhead – were you at the Chilterns Forum Ride last year?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup…on the Orange Fivespot. Looking forward to the next one!

amplebrew

I'm new to the forum, but to carry on with the Litespeed theme 🙂

Excuse the mist, it's not your cataracs; it was just very very very foggy.

cinnamon_girl

Good to see another Litespeed 8) Looks like an Obed?

pedalhead – pretty certain I would have been riding her then, nothing else gets a look in! Yep, am hoping to organise another Chilterns ride once I have a couple more volunteers for leading and sweeping.

druidh
    Free Member

pedalhead – Member

druidh – which carbon blur do you have? Mine's a LTc…there's enough room in my life/garage for a nice hardtail too

XCc for me.

And I really must get another photo of it now it's actually being used!

amplebrew

Good to see another Litespeed Looks like an Obed?

pedalhead – pretty certain I would have been riding her then, nothing else gets a look in! Yep, am hoping to organise another Chilterns ride once I have a couple more volunteers for leading and sweeping.

Yeah it's an Obed 🙂

XT groupset with DT hubs, rims, forks and Hope X2's.

Goes really well 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

cg – yes I remember your Litespeed well (and the envy 🙂 ). I'd be happy to help out on a Chilterns ride, though I do get lost up there.

druidh – lovely XCc, nice build. Here's my LTc…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Im really happy with my 456 ti, that said worth an extra wedge over the normal 456… im not sure, yes its better but not £800 odd. At least scratches dont show up!

the_lecht_rocks

crash – 1×9 …. what ratio's ?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

34 on the front but I need to change that to a 36, as for the back.. mmmmm its a roadie cassette so that needs to be changed as it is very close ratios!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Ti-curious’ is closed to new replies.