Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Thursday night slow ride Lordswood- possible some fresh meat
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

7pm at the bike park.

a couple of new riders i met at the bike park said they might try and join us.

Hope i can get back from London in time.

binners

Be gentle with them, won’t you?

😉

nixie

Hoping to be there. Yet another rainy session though!

mattbee

Not for me, still can’t drive. 🙁
    Haven’t ridden for 2 weeks now, getting a bit boring. Fingers crossed for next week, I just hope the rain holds on until then. Can’t cope with the idea of a dry Thurs eve ride!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Going try and turn up again for my second outing in the boggy sloppy grinding paste of lordswood.

Coming semi prepared this time…

Hardtail – check
    Tyres with some actual tread on them – check
    Improvised milk carton front mudguard – check
    Beer/cider kitty money – check!

benjbish

I should be there provided it’s no downpour, only planned for some summer riding… should have known.

basstronic
    Free Member

count me in

knightsolaire
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ll be back in time, don’t hang around if I’m not there for 7. Ben

DIS

Should be there.

nixie

bump

soma_rich
    Free Member

no bike and its dancing lessons for me tonight 🙄

timelordclare
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Bolt on gills and galoshes I think.

benjbish

I’ve bailed, lack of preparation and lack of mental mettle.

mattbee

Bleedin’ lightweight. You’d better come next week, I’m going to whether the dizziness has passed or not. Will get a lift from the missus if I can’t drive but I’m missing the Thurs mud ride/crash more than I’d have thought…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am bringing my rigid winter bike. Trying to decide whether to go fixed or not.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I’ve bailed too, got home too late.

That and it’s raining outside…

timelordclare
    Free Member

Hey, all of you wimps who chickened out and did not ride last night, you really missed out. You missed out on the biggest, wettest, stickiest puddles I have yet encountered in Lordswood. (Only been here a few months though.) You missed out on no dabs which was so wet that the water was running streamlike down the bit you cycle on at one point. (So good we rode it twice – both directions.) You missed out on test riding all those little trustworthy puddles that have now become mini swamps with something like bluetack in the bottom of them. You missed out on testing the exact slime consistency of the best of the puddles (but I can confirm for you the consistency was of an excellent wear-ability quality – especially if you roll about in it enough). Corkscrew was wonderful as always but in a wet and slimy, rooty, slippy, skiddy sort of way. You really missed out on having to wait for me at the end of each trail while I determinedly tested the viscosity of each puddle. In fact I don’t know why you didn’t turn up. The best bit was riding through the river which was high enough and fast enough to wash all the mud off the bike and my legs! Jeff mentioned how clean I was when I got home which was rather ironic considering the amount of puddle testing I managed to do. I also did not have single mosquito bit. They had all drowned. Thank you guys who did ride for waiting for me repeatedly. I had a summer cold – (that is my excuse and I’m sticking to it). I had a migraine earlier in the day and thought a little bit of fresh air might do me some good…… See you Sunday.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You also missed me misjudging the edge of the flooded trail and riding over the edge of the river bank so the water level reached my handle bars.

Here’s a link to the maps I was talking about : there are a few different versions with and without the trails showing:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?hl=en&q=lordswood+map&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1360&bih=637&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wq#5665864522447654018

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?hl=en&q=lordswood+map&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1360&bih=637&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wq#5665864433341522242

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VCS1pteTgRU/TqExv_D6vMI/AAAAAAAAAho/p4-TOpIfyP4/s800/Lordswood%2520Main%2520Tracks.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WF6zQ0HVj0Y/TqExw9REC9I/AAAAAAAAAgo/MvYIaV0sR8o/s800/Lordswood.jpg

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Thursday night slow ride Lordswood- possible some fresh meat’ is closed to new replies.