Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Thunderbirds Are Go!
  • Harry_the_Spider

Just watched it with the kids. They thought it was great. Some nice nods and winks to the original too.

Also… Lady Penelope is the hotness. 😳

Bregante

My youngest loved it but my daughter couldn’t get her head round why the spaceships were moving like they were on string 😀

project
    Free Member

ok for the kids, but for us that where kids when the first episodes where shown its a poor copy,just a cartoon copy, but obvioulsly a lot of work has gone into it and the craft have altered in design as have the launch sequences.

Harry_the_Spider

In fairness it is a children’s show.

project
    Free Member

are we talking about the Original Thunderbirds are Go featuture film or the thunderbirds cgi on tonight

Harry_the_Spider

CGI tonight.

project
    Free Member

Get a copy of Thunderbird 6 or thunderbirds are go, both feature films of the anaderson era, fantastic special effects from the 1960,s. and see which you and the kids prefer

MoreCashThanDash

My cousins husband announced this afternoon that he has a set of the original toy Thunderbird vehicles, if that’s the right word, in his loft.

In their original boxes.

I am envious….

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Very disappointed TBH, I thought it would be a CGI version of the original, but it was just a poor cartoon really 🙁

andyl
    Free Member

Lady Penelope is the hotness.

😕

Are you developing a liking for Anime?

CountZero

Very disappointed TBH, I thought it would be a CGI version of the original, but it was just a poor cartoon
    really

Eh? How could you have a CGI of the original, without it being pretty much the original? You might as well have the original. I thought it was pretty much a CGI using much of the original appearance of the originals, while updating costumes and adding stuff like HUD and 3D holo-displays. Certainly the characters were very close in appearance, especially the slightly oversized eyes, The Hood, in particular was very much like the original, but with a touch of Captain Black about the slightly hollow cheeks with the 3 o’clock shadow, to make him look a bit more sinister.
    The machines were identical, as far as I could tell, apart from small details, although I don’t remember FAB 1 having wings; and it still looks like a 6-wheel Rolls, despite the meeja saying that Parker doesn’t drive a Rolls any more.
    FWIW, I enjoyed it, looking forward to watching the rest of the series. Oh, and apparrently Weta actually constructed a huge replica of Tracy Island, which is what you see in the programme.
    Thunderbird S looks pretty cool, too; stealth rescue ship, I like it! 😀

cbike
    Free Member

It’s perfectly quaint! With a linear storyline lasting longer than a short attention span modern documentary!

I think kids of all ages will be seeking out the retro versions for the history in the star wars stylee.

project
    Free Member

The machines were identical, as far as I could tell, apart from small details

Thunderbird 1 only had one oblong porthole window and this was covered by a metal sheild when flying, scot almost fell out of it when he was shot down in the desert.In the old series.

TB2, the wings never folded up but faced forward and the pods where more rounded in shape, there was a different tractor used to pull the pods along as opposed to a static engine in the original,

Thunderbird 3 didnt have any windows,

Tracy island was one island not a series of islands,

The tracy house has been totally rebuilt,

and lots more differences.

jond
    Free Member

Err..as far as the film ‘Thunderbirds are go’, Gerry Anderson’s words were ‘…it was the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in my life’

PTR
    Free Member

I’ve just looked for the next episode, Saturday AM at 8 on the Scrambled Show. This is episodes are split part way through, to allow for inane chatter from the presenters.

tenfoot

I liked the underwater station they rescued. It was a nod to Space1999

slowoldman

Eh? How could you have a CGI of the original, without it being pretty much the original?

Because in general CGI looks, well, a bit shit.

maccruiskeen

It was a nod to Space1999

Maybe they’ll dust off the old Eagles and get them space-worthy again. 🙂

Kryton57

Don’t read to much into it – it’s just a modern reinterpretation of the original not an exact copy wannabe. Kryton Jnr loved it

Also… Lady Penelope is the hotness.

Nah, Kayo for the win – nice bum, commanding hair.

codybrennan
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – that site is amazing 🙂

t always worried me that Eagle pilots didn’t have full forward visibility. Even as a small boy this distressed me.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Lady P reminds me of madonna

Brains is fonejacker…

But overall it was well done, everything still had weight as though it were a 3′ model

project
    Free Member

Err..as far as the film ‘Thunderbirds are go’, Gerry Anderson’s words were ‘…it was the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in my life’

That quote realtes to the Jonathan Fraikes remake of Thunderbirds a few years ago, not the originakl Thunderbirds are Movie made by GA in the mid sixties, which was ace.

Klunk
    Free Member

what I don’t get is the ITV player and having to register 😕 er yeah like your the only place I can watch it, added bonus not registering with you I don’t have to watch the adverts, idiots.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I registered and didnt have adverts..

dudeofdoom

Hmmm hated the flying fab 1 just far to unbeliveable 🙁

Wonder if it’s got guns fitted …..always liked it when the grill dropped and the gun got going …

project
    Free Member

Doh the gun poked through the grill.

dudeofdoom

Yep I’m confusing it wiv my fab 1 dinky where the front dropped ……. 🙂

dudeofdoom

Anyone remember the mix in I think the 90s that was done by mc Parker… Loved that in the club…

slowoldman

Well I managed 10 minutes. Dreadful. But then it’s not aimed at me so that’s OK.

CountZero

The machines were identical, as far as I could tell, apart from small details
    Thunderbird 1 only had one oblong porthole window and this was covered by a metal sheild when flying, scot almost fell out of it when he was shot down in the desert.In the old series.

TB2, the wings never folded up but faced forward and the pods where more rounded in shape, there was a different tractor used to pull the pods along as opposed to a static engine in the original,

Thunderbird 3 didnt have any windows,

Tracy island was one island not a series of islands,

The tracy house has been totally rebuilt,

and lots more differences.
    And Which Tyler led the Pedants Revolt.
    Hardly major redesign differences, just a bunch of small ones.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Thunderbirds Are Go!’ is closed to new replies.