Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • thunderbird oddness.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and downloaded Thunderbird and set the email accounts up no problem, in fact it was easier than before as it appeared to do everything for me after introducing the account name.
    Withn the old Thunderbird all emails were stored, new edition doesn’t appear to store anything that has been opened on the Blackberry.
    Is this normal or do I have to change the settings? A brief look at settings doesn’t appear to give me an answer.

Cheers.

Cougar

By “store” and “open”, are you talking about downloading? Ie, mails never appear if you collect them on the Blackberry? Have you got the BB set to delete the originals from the server perhaps?

Is one using POP3 and the other IMAP?

donsimon
    Free Member

One POP (hotmail) the other IMAP (1and1). Nothing changed on the BB between old TBird and new.
    Exactly, the emails never appear if collected on the BB.

Cougar

Weird. Sounds like some sort of setting to only download unread emails, can’t be any more specific than that as I’ve not used Thunderbird since v2.something days.

donsimon
    Free Member

Concurred, it’s a bit weird, it’ll flash up on the tool bar (bottom right) that I have new messages yet nothing appears in the Tbird folders… *scratches head*
    Cheers. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Just found the problem Cougar, McAfee is sending everything into the Spam folder. McAfee is shite… (IMO).

Moses

Depending on your mail system, try Zimbra, also a free email client,.
    It works for me

Cougar

McAfee is shite

Bears in forestry defecation scandal, film at 11.

Good spot.

donsimon
    Free Member

It came free with the computer and I’m just waiting for the freebie to run out.

You’re better at understanding these things than me, one for the future.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘thunderbird oddness.’ is closed to new replies.