Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thumbs down CRC. Thumbs up Petra and Merlin
  • mojo5pro
    Free Member

Had another case of my CRC order being stuck in the “being processed” blackhole despite items being in stock. I called them to cancel order and they were very apologetic and refunded quickly. However, I came off the phone feeling I’d dealt with a call centre rather than a bike shop. In contrast I’ve dealt with both Petra and Merlin this week too and had excellent service (delivery and discussion) from them. In particular ‘big respect’ to Petra in helping and sourcing the correct product. 😀

Rickos
    Free Member

Never heard of Petra. Got a kinky?

Edit – bloomin’ spoolchocker! I meant linky…

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I am at the point where I pay more to get goods from elsewhere than go with CRC now.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Petra recommendation +1

jonk

I made a rather large order all stuff in stock but after 4 working days it was still processing. E-mailed CRC to find out where my order was and it turns out it was being held up by a t-shirt that was out of stock. Even after two days it showed to still be in stock! why don’t they take items out of stock when they don’t have them? It would save them hours in time and custom.

chris-p
    Free Member

another thumbs up for Petra. The South African guy who works there is very, very good.

bruneep

phew! thought google was broken……………

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/

DT78
    Free Member

Never heard of Petra, according to the mail I received from crc this morning they no longer price match either

baznav73
    Free Member

Getting to big for their own boots i think.

Crell
    Free Member

I tried calling CRC to find out about an Intense frame they had on offer and couldn’t get through so I emailed them. It took over two working days to get a response which is pretty crap and in the mean time the frame was sold.

Pretty unimpressed with them at the moment. After the credit card fiasco last year. Merlin get most of my business at the moment and I’ll try and buy elsewhere if possible.

snowpaul
    Free Member

me too

tarquin
    Free Member

Hmm I just placed an order with them, paid the extra for express shipping so lets see what happens… perhaps “free” shipping gets bumped to the back of the pick queue so takes a few days?

Kevevs
    Free Member

merlin have been fab. last order from crc they cocked up.

globalti
    Free Member

I took my Rebas (see Ebay currently) back to Merlin because they were weeping oil. The ginger beardy muppet in the shop snarled rudely at me “you’re supposed to service them” when they were only 200 miles old. ****.

tarquin
    Free Member

I took my Rebas (see Ebay currently) back to Merlin because they were weeping oil. The ginger beardy muppet in the shop snarled rudely at me “you’re supposed to service them” when they were only 200 miles old. ****.

Reminds you a bit of Beavis?

Sometimes he has seemed really off hand, but other times he’s been really helpful, guess it must just depend on the day he’s having.

Merlin were great, gave me a bike box I could use to ship my bike over here with, been in plenty of times to try (and then buy) shoes and things on as it used to be local for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thumbs down CRC. Thumbs up Petra and Merlin’ is closed to new replies.