Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thumb Pain – arthritis
  • iainc

wondering if any sufferers out there ? Not had formal diagnosis yet but seeing doc end of the week. osteopath who i see for my back does reckon it's wear and tear though. Only left hand, so not too bad – maybe grip shifting in the future though…….

finbar
    Free Member

I've got it in my big toes and a few fingers of my right hand. It's not osteoarthritis (wear and tear) but some form of inflamatory arthritis. It's been pretty steady for at least four years and hasn't really got any worse. Easy to live with so far. I've had good success controlling it with diet.

iainc

finbar – sounds encouraging. I'd be keen to know more on the diet controls if you have any links or stuff (mail in profile). ta

finbar
    Free Member

I'm quite convinced by the link between grains, insulin and arthritis. Basically since i cut wheat (& all other gluten) out completely it's barely flared up at all, and prior to that i'd have really painful episodes a couple of times a year that lasted a month or so. It might be completely different for osteoarthritis though.

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/search/label/Pyramids%20and%20arthritis

The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating Plan

iainc

thanks finbar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thumb Pain – arthritis’ is closed to new replies.