Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thule wing bar bike rack placement
  • timwillows
    Free Member

Just setting this up and wondering if there is any wisdom out there about how close to mount the racks. I have two to mount, so should I aim to get them as close as possible or as far as possible. Hoping to get guidance before I cut the rubber strips, thanks

jimdubleyou

Should have bought whispbars then you wouldn’t have to cut.

😛

Do you need to put anything else up there? I find it easiest to have them as close to the edge of the car as possible.

simon_g

Inboard enough to mean that bars don’t overhang the sides of the car, but not so much that they clash with each other (although having one facing forward and one back helps).

I’ve not cut the rubber strips, but I tend to only put the carriers on when I need them, then take them off (replacing the strips) when I don’t. Not convinced the strips would make a big difference when the carriers are on.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother cutting the rubber strip. I never did and the bars didn’t produce any noise, certainly nothing that you would hear over the top of the wind noise the bike racks make.

On the bike racks position them where it is most convenient to load and unload the bikes. If too close you might get handle bar clashes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thule wing bar bike rack placement’ is closed to new replies.